Preview: New Bike Hub test site is live

Matt

Thanks for the feedback, we'll look at the hovering vs. click on desktop.

With regards to the forum drop down menu, we based the trim down on heat maps where it was clear the vast majority of use was people heading straight to "What's new" (Active topics) rather than to a specific forum. 

Are there specific quick links to sections you use more than others, or do you just prefer having the option for a direct link through to any of them?

Agree on the whats new point - I use it like that as well when reading / consuming content.

When I want to post a request/start a thread (create content) I always use the hovering to make a call what is the best place to do that. When I made the selection I end up seeing the list of typical thread titles and use that to make 100% sure it would be related. Only then I click the "Start new topic" listed inside that forum above the thread titles. (Which admitting-ly take me to the same grouping selection again - I actually find it an unnecessary duplicate step, because I started my topic from within an already selected forum header).

So feedback my comment apply only from the content creation perspective. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SwissVan,

It seems that we had not brought your account over to the Beta site yet. A bit rude on our part. 

We'd appreciate it if you can try again.

No problems, it’s working now thanks.

First impression is of a cycling buy and sell platform and not a cycling forum.

Forum option is there though, but not being an active buyer / seller I would prefer the forums to be more dominant than classifieds.

Otherwise it looks pretty good

No problems, it’s working now thanks.

First impression is of a cycling buy and sell platform and not a cycling forum.

Forum option is there though, but not being an active buyer / seller I would prefer the forums to be more dominant than classifieds.

Otherwise it looks pretty good

Glad you came right.

We've agonised over the homepage layout for almost a year. And it will keep evolving on a regular basis based on user feedback and how we see it being used. It's tricky to balance with all the different user types on the website.

Can I narrow a component or any other search to either mtb or road , or are they now bundled.  

Edited by Coenie W

Can I narrow a component or any other search to either mtb or road , or are they now bundled.  

You can do this using the "Narrow your search" filters.

These filters are available within the lowest level category, e.g. Components > Drivetrain > Complete Groupsets, but not in the parent categories.

Filters.png

Thanks

You can do this using the "Narrow your search" filters.

These filters are available within the lowest level category, e.g. Components > Drivetrain > Complete Groupsets, but not in the parent categories.

attachicon.gifFilters.png

Thanks for all the feedback so far.  :thumbup: 

We'd greatly appreciate Hubbers (particularly those who are familiar with the current classifieds platform) posting a test advert or two on the new site and providing your feedback on the user experience.

As a small thanks for your time we'll send some limited edition Bike Hub socks to the first 10 ad posters*

Launch date 
We're planning to go-live with the new site early next week, so now is the last chance to have a test drive before launch.

* Must be located in SA 

Thanks, was just said tongue in cheek  :D

I assumed so, but thought just in case you or anyone else missed the earlier note about data between the two sites not being mirrored I'd rather be safe!  :whistling:

Thanks for all the feedback so far.  :thumbup:

We'd greatly appreciate Hubbers (particularly those who are familiar with the current classifieds platform) posting a test advert or two on the new site and providing your feedback on the user experience.

As a small thanks for your time we'll send some limited edition Bike Hub socks to the first 10 ad posters*

Launch date 

We're planning to go-live with the new site early next week, so now is the last chance to have a test drive before launch.

* Must be located in SA 

I already did ages ago

I left you a message Matt on the new site in regards to posting an ad.

Thanks for the feedback Ruan, much appreciated.

I already did ages ago

And with a couch pic! :thumbup: Thank you. 

We'll be in touch via PM / email to get your details.