Preview: New Bike Hub test site is live

Matt

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the new site admin.

However I think you broke the Tapatalk link, I cant seem to get to the sight on Taptalk anymore.

Am I missing something or can't you see all the Road ads combined...they seem to be all split up...

Same with MTB  :(

New site looks lekker, will take some getting used to but that's all good.

My notifications and PMs seem to be hiding but I am sure I will find it all shortly.

Am I missing something or can't you see all the Road ads combined...they seem to be all split up...

There has been a category re-shuffle, something we'd considered some time ago based on user feedback and our own observations of behaviour on the site.

With the ever expanding disciplines and blurring of lines between them we decided to rather organise at the top level by product type rather than discipline, e.g. Bikes, Components, Accessories vs. Road, MTB, etc.

Either route has it's merits, are we're aware that some do like the ability to browse all "road items" or "mountain bike items". We will consider all the feedback and do our best to cater to such cases. 

New site looks lekker, will take some getting used to but that's all good.

My notifications and PMs seem to be hiding but I am sure I will find it all shortly.

All forum related notifications and PMs are viewable when you're in the Forums. It'll take a while to get that showing on the homepage and classifieds sections. Classifieds now uses a Chat feature for messaging, so PMs are no longer available there.

There's a new User drop down in the Forums to access everything.

Screenshot 2019-12-02 at 10.11.48.png

IMO the new version is missing some of the friendly features.

Feels a bit like Gumtree  :thumbdown:

Can no longer go from page 5 (etc) to the first page at a click of a button

Can no longer see the city in which the seller is situated

I preferred to have the date when the ad was posted instead of "3 weeks ago"

Previously All Categories were listed in 1 block now it's a bit more of a mission.

I think my bank account is happy with the update as I probably won't be spending so much time in the classifieds.

@nick / admin- a couple of pages dont seem to enjoy Firefox browser for some reason. Will flash up and then go white. Same page loads fine on Chrome.

Edited by Stall_Gear

IMO the new version is missing some of the friendly features.

Feels a bit like Gumtree  :thumbdown:

Can no longer go from page 5 (etc) to the first page at a click of a button

Can no longer see the city in which the seller is situated

I preferred to have the date when the ad was posted instead of "3 weeks ago"

Previously All Categories were listed in 1 block now it's a bit more of a mission.

I think my bank account is happy with the update as I probably won't be spending so much time in the classifieds.

Thanks for the feedback.

The new classifieds is just the start. We'll be constantly improving and updating based on feedback as well as a long list of new features we still want to include.

On your second point, adverts copied over from the old site will not have the location detail but all advert going forward will go down to a suburb level (if the seller enters that much detail). So in 30 days or so it will all be there.

Thanks for the feedback.

The new classifieds is just the start. We'll be constantly improving and updating based on feedback as well as a long list of new features we still want to include.

On your second point, adverts copied over from the old site will not have the location detail but all advert going forward will go down to a suburb level (if the seller enters that much detail). So in 30 days or so it will all be there.

Oh ok, so in 30 days the location will be back to normal.

Please can you put that button back to go from whatever page back to the first page.

It's a real pain on the mobile version. On the PC version one can still change the page number on the address bar but on the mobile version it's a bit more painful.

Hi Admin

Tried to login 2 or 3 times but got a “The username/email does not exist on Bike Hub“ message.

Using an iPad from outside of SA

Mine too from Tapatalk android