Zwift trainer difficulty setting

BigDL

Hi All

I have a question. I just bought a wahoo kickr and the setup is done on Zwift.

The resistance seems too much. The harder I peddle the more it becomes to the point where I can almost stand on the pedal. Is this a setting issue?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

The resistance seems too much. The harder I peddle the more it becomes to the point where I can almost stand on the pedal. Is this a setting issue?

Hi All

I had the same issue.

Doing a spin down using the Wahoo utility app sorted it for me.

I do a spin down every week.

I have tried that several times. the minute is start a training ride (in any app) the problem starts

That's odd, I'm guessing you already tried unplugging the Kickr for a while and plugging not back in and doing a spin down?

Yup. Spin down seem to work well. The minute I start any training ride the resistance builds up a lot.

In the Wahoo app and Zwift

I have tried changing the difficulty setting but it doesn't help.

Can it be a hardware issue?

Hi, had the same experience when I got my trainer recently and I started up a workout in swift with ERG mode enabled.

Basically came to a grinding halt, did some googling and read this article which does a good job explaining ERG mode and the dreaded 'spiral of death' - the attached video is also very informative.

Hope this helps ????????

https://zwiftinsider.com/erg-mode-in-zwift/

Edited by Land

When using Zwift I have it set that my power source is my stages and my smart trainer is just my controllable. Do I still have to do a spin down or calibration of kickr. How do I calibrate my kickr in Zwift anyway?

On trainer road I use my stages as power source as well but I still calibrate my kickr

Hi guys

Has anyone experienced "No signal" issues.

On the screen to select supporting device, Zwift recognises my Wahoo Snap 2, but there is a bold "No signal" across it.

Also on the setting page, there is no place to adjust trainer difficulty.

Are these two issues related?

Many time your WIFI can create issues with the ant+ signals

Hi guys

Has anyone experienced "No signal" issues.

On the screen to select supporting device, Zwift recognises my Wahoo Snap 2, but there is a bold "No signal" across it.

Also on the setting page, there is no place to adjust trainer difficulty.

Are these two issues related?

Many time your WIFI can create issues with the ant+ signals

Hi

I have not set up my Ant+, only using bluetooth

Hi

I have not set up my Ant+, only using bluetooth

What device are you using? full bluetooth compatibility was not an option for ages and was recently introduced (I used to need an Ant-Stick for Zwift on my Mac, or Bluetooth through the Companion App but now it pairs with Bluetooth directly to the Mac)

And did you "pair" your sensor while using the Zwift Companion app? If so, then you need the Companion app open to pair as it used your phone's bluetooth connection.

You may need to switch off Companion App and pair the trainer again using the device bluetooth connection directly.

Also, check what other devices you have connected, and perhaps test making sure your trainer connects first, or last.

I'm on the Android version using my tablet, and if my powermeter connects, then it or my trainer shows No Signal depending on which connected first/last.

I assume your trainer's firmware is up to date.