SA road championship 2020

Spinnekop

Or it could attract some of the locals. Maybe the army has a few cyclists.

South African Road Championships does have a nice ring to it but might sound a bit daunting as a first race for a noob. ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or it could attract some of the locals. Maybe the army has a few cyclists.

Hoedspruit = Air force.

I used to race against them back in the day.  Couple of good riders.   We used to do crit style racing on the smooth runways around the base.  Good fun.

Hoedspruit = Air force.

I used to race against them back in the day.  Couple of good riders.   We used to do crit style racing on the smooth runways around the base.  Good fun.

Doubt many, if any of our current Air force or Army guys ride. Remember when the Army guys used to play rugby? They were one of the best teams around.

Doubt many, if any of our current Air force or Army guys ride. Remember when the Army guys used to play rugby? They were one of the best teams around.

Yes....rugby was huge when I was in the army. The SA Defence Force team would often play provincial sides. I can remember being trekked from Kimberly to Bloem to watch matches.

I was never a good player, but I did play a little in the army. We once played a team whose wing was a Natal player also doing national service. I had the distinction of being the only guy to bring him down in a tackle. I managed to prevent the try but it still took about 5 mins to realise where I was and who I was.