SA road championship 2020

Spinnekop

So........who pickup up that CSA has completely changed the distances that are (still) advertised on their website?

This was the original distances published (and it is still on the web page)

Untitled.png?format=1500w

So............if you go to the "enter page" and want to enter.........the new distances are up.

Elite men......................184km down to 175km

Elite ladies...................148km down to 109km

Vets (30+ and 40+)......148km down to 109km

So they can just change it like that?  Screw everyone that training hard over December for the long distance?

I entered BECAUSE of the distance.  109km road race in that GAT town in the East of SA is not my idea of a challenge and I would not have entered.

Anyone here willing to take a shot at a lawsuit for false advertisement?

You must surely be taking the p*ss....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You must surely be taking the p*ss....

To be fair, a lot of people reacted like this when the shortened the one Argus due to the fires, and also when the shorted the one 2 years later due to the protests before cancelling it.

We didn't shout LAWSUIT though, because we aren't American enough

Whats their excuse reason for cutting the distances?

20 years ago vets used to race about 120 km

Maybe the course is tough enough to justify the shorter distance...

Nah, it's flat SV.  

Laps on a circuit between Swadini and Hoedspruit.

Sue them!

Cut off the spindly arm that feeds you (albeit scraps)!

That nose must GO!

Come on.. really? 

I get that you're disappointed but a lawsuit? 

Maybe they weren't granted road closure for a section or there were potential issues so they had to cut out some part for safety?

If everyone kicks up such a stink every time plans are forced to change, there will be no SA Champs. 

At this rate it's no wonder PPA and CSA offer so little. Everyone complains about everything no matter what.

Sue them. Spite your face.

Then cry when nothing exists in a few years time

Don't buy that.  In project management we talk about PPP. 

P!ss Poor Planning.

HA Toere know that area very well, so something went awry.  Where the proper comms to the stakeholders, in this case the cyclists?

I can only imagine the shortening is because of the expected temperatures.  I have bailed from a race in January in that area due to heat exhaustion (40 deg and high humidity).

Dropping the vets from 148 to 109 km may be an issue but try the 65-69 master men.  Down from a short, flat 74 km to 43! 

Organised cycling in this country really needs someone with communicating skills.  These national and provincial events are so last minute and so poorly communicated that it is not surprising that so few cyclists support them.  Even with the vast improvement in the organisation of the events (here at least) the low numbers leave you feeling that you have attended a school sports day.

I can only imagine the shortening is because of the expected temperatures.  I have bailed from a race in January in that area due to heat exhaustion (40 deg and high humidity).

Dropping the vets from 148 to 109 km may be an issue but try the 65-69 master men.  Down from a short, flat 74 km to 43! 

Organised cycling in this country really needs someone with communicating skills.  These national and provincial events are so last minute and so poorly communicated that it is not surprising that so few cyclists support them.  Even with the vast improvement in the organisation of the events (here at least) the low numbers leave you feeling that you have attended a school sports day.

What is the new distance for the 50+ Men?

What is the new distance for the 50+ Men?

Probably like 70 odd. They were 113km so just judging by how much all the others have dropped. Just a guess. Also keen to know.

So that is like an hours racing...................

The ladies are getting even worse deal, from 113 to 43? Even shorter than the para cyclists ... not going there for an mickey mouse training ride ...

Yeah its a bit ridiculous. I always joke that the year the CTCT was shortened and the year it got stopped, both times I rode further the day before.