Dischem Ride for Sight

Long Wheel Base

IICR last year that park area across had been closed in and no one was able to park inside like previous years? I just seem to remember something like that.

That was because of road works, the land is vacant (just do not tell EFF  :ph34r: )

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard there was a massive crash 5km into the men’s elite race. Anybody know what happened? Someone I know broke his front wheel, lost car key and got some nasty roasties.

Heard there was a massive crash 5km into the men’s elite race. Anybody know what happened? Someone I know broke his front wheel, lost car key and got some nasty roasties.

Yup i went down in that and taken away in the back of the bus... 68km/h according to my GPS.

Have no idea what happened, guy in front of me went down and I had nowhere to go, back tire is worn through to the carcass the way I locked up the back wheel trying to stop but at that speed there was no ways.

Bumped the head pretty bad, helmet is a write of but luckily Bontrager crash warranty will replace that and realized the importance of spending good money on a lid.

X-Rays cleared any broken bones but pretty banged up and booked off work this week with light duty till early March... haha I leave for TOGH in just over a week so that not going to work.

Yup i went down in that and taken away in the back of the bus... 68km/h according to my GPS.

Have no idea what happened, guy in front of me went down and I had nowhere to go, back tire is worn through to the carcass the way I locked up the back wheel trying to stop but at that speed there was no ways.

Bumped the head pretty bad, helmet is a write of but luckily Bontrager crash warranty will replace that and realized the importance of spending good money on a lid.

X-Rays cleared any broken bones but pretty banged up and booked off work this week with light duty till early March... haha I leave for TOGH in just over a week so that not going to work.

Sorry to hear that. Heal up soon!

Speedy recovery!!!

There was a pretty eina looking/sounding fall at about 20k's in the AS group ... Hope the guys that came down are ok!

Kudu's to the event orgs then for quick response . We started in the same batch and by the time I passed it looked to be mostly cleared up with about 4 ambulances on top of other org vehicles. 

The number of potholes on the route, vs the effort to try mark them properly, vs actually filling has left a note in my mind to perhaps skip this event going forward - especially if there is no effort going forward to do something about it.

Yeah. and very few riders calling them out.  BL certainly had a fair number of irresponsible riders. 

My plan for Sunday:

05:00 wake up

05:45 ride to start

07:04 start time

10:04 beer o’clock

11:00 ride home

12:00 ride straight into the pool

Glad you ride a sub 3.

7:04 start changed to 7:07.

10:04 changed to 10:08, so that means a 2h61 race time [emoji2957]

11:00 and 12:00 remained as is... a good day out.

Glad you are ok dude, the pics looks pretty bad.