154 members have voted

1. 1. How old is your MTB?

• Less than 6 months
    • 6 months to a year
    • 1-2 years
    • 3-4 years
    • 5-7 years
    • Older than 7 years

Jehosefat... you are a sick man. The bug has bitten hard and n+1 syndrome has you in its grasp! I jave one word of asvice.... ENJOY!

I only really started cycling in 2016 on a Merida Hardtail (Big.Nine of some description).

Early 2017 I upgrade to my current Scott Spark (so that one is about 3 years old).

Mid 2017 I traded in my Merida for a Silverback Space (road bike, which now lives on my indoor trainer).

Mid 2018 after I got really into road cycling I bought a really nice Canyon Ultimate (Di2, disk brakes, the works)

Did my first enduro in August last year and loved it so I bought my Canyon Strive.

So to summarise:

• Indoor Trainer Bike: 2.5 - 3 years old
  • Road Bike: 1.5 - 2 years old
  • XC/Marathon Bike: 3 years old
  • Enduro Bike: 5 months old
No plans to upgrade or get new bikes any time soon (although the temptation is there to get a TT/triathlon bike)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the unlikely event of my wife reading this I have a few old bikes, all dirt cheap but increasing in vale, and I’m not getting the new Pyga and it definitely won’t be worth more than my 20 year old Pajero

but is fine? you got it on that one time only pre-release special remember.

In the unlikely event of my wife reading this I have a few old bikes, all dirt cheap but increasing in vale, and I’m not getting the new Pyga and it definitely won’t be worth more than my 20 year old Pajero

let's get real here ... I am sure that the 20 year old Pajero's petrol for one month costs more than a "new Pyga" .... so if you commute on the new bike for a month and a half you are "making a profit"

My MTb's are heading for 3 years on the frames but 7 on some components and my road bike is about 15 years old.

My car beats them all though - it will be 18 in May. Might need to move out of home before then though...

My full list of assets that have wheels.

26er HT: Giant Talon = 13 years old

26er HT:  Giant XTC = 9 years old, groupset from 2008.

26er Full Suss:  Anthem = 7 years old, groupset from 2010

Road bike (training): Giant TCR = 16 years old

Road bike (racing): Giant TCR SL Adv = 8 years old

Gravel Bike: Niner RLT = 5 years old

Incomplete: Road Frame: TCR Adv Pro - brand new, waiting for some funds

Incomplete: Lynskey Ridgeline 29er - 2nd hand, waiting for more funds

1967 Ford F100

1997 Disco 3 V8

2012 Mitsubishi ASX - wife's car

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

Phew!!!

Edited by Underachiever

Jehosefat... you are a sick man. The bug has bitten hard and n+1 syndrome has you in its grasp! I jave one word of asvice.... ENJOY!

Yeah, tell me about it... This N+1 bug is killing me  :P

26” HT - 2008

26” Dual Sus - 2010

26” Tandem - 2013

29” Dual Sus - 2016 model, but only bought it in 2019

Road bikes are 2007 (alloy), 2008 (carbon) and 2015 (steel).

let's get real here ... I am sure that the 20 year old Pajero's petrol for one month costs more than a "new Pyga" .... so if you commute on the new bike for a month and a half you are "making a profit"

It’s a diesel, does maybe 500km a month and my commute is a 20m walk to my office saving not only diesel but bicycle parts

I'd like to say i am anti consumerism but the only reason I'm not pushing PBs down the faircape loop on a new top fuel is about 5 foot 10, blonde and registering for first year at stellenbosch.

If she's your daughter, good luck.

If she's your skelmpie, then the faircape loop time is the least of your worries.

i would have thrown a "gap year" idea in there... :ph34r:

Those are really expensive as well.

My Trance is 4years old. Actually, the crank on that Trance is 4years old. Everything else is newer. Frame was warranted a year ago.

My hardtail is a spoeg en plak story.

The frame is around 10years old, the fork and wheels are 4 years old. Brakes 5years, SS Drivetrain is 7years old, dropper is a year old.