Snake people - what is this...

T-Bob

The last time I saw a similar headling for a thread like that on the hub there was a pic of a snake decapitated by a sliding door and it was a friday fight club of note.

Oh, and I have no idea what snake it is.

The last time I saw a similar headling for a thread like that on the hub there was a pic of a snake decapitated by a sliding door and it was a friday fight club of note.

Oh, and I have no idea what snake it is.

I hope that thread was deleted, I am still having nightmares...was it a 40 pager :eek:

It can be anything from a Mozambican Spitting Cobra right through to a red lip as mentioned above, the problem with juvenile snakes are that they change color as they get older. Color is not a reliable identifying factor to go by. 

My suggestion will be to look at the shape of the head and body and try to identify it through a book or Vleisbook page (also mentioned above). Your other alternative would be to make contact with a Herpetologist.

I can confirm beyond any shadow of a doubt that it is not a Pofadder and or Python  :whistling:   

It can be anything from a Mozambican Spitting Cobra right through to a red lip as mentioned above, the problem with juvenile snakes are that they change color as they get older. Color is not a reliable identifying factor to go by. 

My suggestion will be to look at the shape of the head and body and try to identify it through a book or Vleisbook page (also mentioned above). Your other alternative would be to make contact with a Herpetologist.

I can confirm beyond any shadow of a doubt that it is not a Pofadder and or Python  :whistling:   

I nearly made this mistake once, unless you absolutely have to, rather don't handle the juveniles. 

Had an awesome experience with a beatiful fat puffy 3 weeks back, running a trail, nearly stepped on him, managed to miss and jump clear. But took some time to watch him amble off calmly and disappear into the bosveld. was a bit more tentative running back along that path later that afternoon.

Thanks for the feedback. We sat with a few snake books and went through them but a lot don't cover the juvenile stages. So quickly whipped the lil' fella down to world of birds in HB, got a cool little lesson from the guys there on what it was, good place to release and set him free. 

Was an juvie Olive snake to set it all to rest. 

Thanks for the feedback. We sat with a few snake books and went through them but a lot don't cover the juvenile stages. So quickly whipped the lil' fella down to world of birds in HB, got a cool little lesson from the guys there on what it was, good place to release and set him free. 

Was an juvie Olive snake to set it all to rest. 

Aha....not too shabby Kransie.