East Rand Classic Cancelled?

OG Imports

So the event has been canceled. And now ASG is using the Corona virus situation as a convenient excuse in their statement. Absolutely pathetic.

Maybe you should consider taking the coronavirus seriously and note that practically every sporting event in SA and around the world are being cancelled or postponed!

Maybe you should consider taking the coronavirus seriously and note that practically every sporting event in SA and around the world are being cancelled or postponed!

I absolutely understand and agree that events should be canceled. This is definitely serious. And I never said it should not have been canceled.

What I don't understand and agree with is that this is now being used as an excuse to cancel an event they would have canceled in anycase. Why not give the real reason it's being canceled instead?

I absolutely understand and agree that events should be canceled. This is definitely serious. And I never said it should not have been canceled.

What I don't understand and agree with is that this is now being used as an excuse to cancel an event they would have canceled in anycase. Why not give the real reason it's being canceled instead?

They already stated in an earlier communication that it was not viable and were in discussions to possibly sell the event and other properties. This was followed up with regard to the coronovirus that it would be cancelled rather than postponed to another date. Seems pretty clear real reason to me!

• 2 weeks later...