Lockdown builds

Azdan

Connected the Giant dropper on my SS build today, managed to find an unused cable and a hardly used outer in my spares bin.

Next up to drill out an older rotor from a old wheelset so that I can fit the rear brake and the bike build is essentially done.

More like a Lockdown Break out/up (delete where applicable). 

Bought a house, it needs work. We've identified stuff that needs to go! Carpets in bedrooms are out, I'm busy with the cupboards, can't wait for the lockdown to end so we can get an expert in to advise on the walls we want to take out... Builders warehouse here I come! :-) 

More like a Lockdown Break out/up (delete where applicable). 

Bought a house, it needs work. We've identified stuff that needs to go! Carpets in bedrooms are out, I'm busy with the cupboards, can't wait for the lockdown to end so we can get an expert in to advise on the walls we want to take out... Builders warehouse here I come! :-) 

Do you have a floor plan that you got with the purchase of the building?

I may be able to assist to a degree via your plans and site pics... PM me if keen?

Hi Hairy, 

Much appreciated however I've spoken to the "expert" who's waiting for Uncle Cyril to give the go ahead for him to come by and advise. 

We didn't get any floor plans with the purchase, I did have my cousin around to come and asses the bathroom and kitchen (he's a plumber by trade) and he said the older houses filing of plans is an absolute mess so once the lockdown is over I need to apply to get the plans from the city. 

Hi Hairy, 

Much appreciated however I've spoken to the "expert" who's waiting for Uncle Cyril to give the go ahead for him to come by and advise. 

We didn't get any floor plans with the purchase, I did have my cousin around to come and asses the bathroom and kitchen (he's a plumber by trade) and he said the older houses filing of plans is an absolute mess so once the lockdown is over I need to apply to get the plans from the city. 

Kief, best wishes ... if you run into any issues or want another set of eyes to look at something please give me a shout. Traditional Hub fee of hand shake elbow bump applies should we ever meet in person.

Kief, best wishes ... if you run into any issues or want another set of eyes to look at something please give me a shout. Traditional Hub fee of hand shake elbow bump applies should we ever meet in person.

Thanks again! I'll defo take you up on this. 

I'm kinda excited, the wife and I always wanted a fixer upper and now we have it. We've given our girls the go ahead to design what they want their rooms to look like (obviously I'm going to say no to 99% of their ideas but they still get the 1% right?).

Anyhoo yesterday my eldest put on her cycling helmet cause she asked me to tear down the cupboards in her new room. Safety first she said when I asked her why she has her helmet on but her bike is still in the garage.... 

All done, ridden in the garden and a quick spin round our cul-de-sac.

Forgot that the left STI doesn't work, that's actually why I had it on a gravel bike before, so it's effectively a 1*10 (52×12-30) ... my son's strong enough to ride it like that luckily!

Extended the gear cables by using those bits off brake noodles... it'll probably stay like that anyway, too much PT the internal cabling on that frame even if I had long enough outers.

Had hoped it would take longer but ja will have to find some other project before my wife finds something for me [emoji12]fffeba01d576f2530dcb90334954e1d0.jpg2a9509555d192f001d6f021167d4ab32.jpg

Hi Hairy, 

It SHOULD be easy to get the old plans from Council.

For Northern Suburbs you go to the Parow Municipality.  Take your municipal account with, and ID.  Ask to see the plans .... then ask for a copy of those that you need.  :thumbup:   

Now this works IF the plans did not get lost in the big move some 10 years ago .....  :wacko:

PS - Hairy knows his stuff with these things ...