Best Face Mask

paarlmtb

Hi Andrew,

Just placed an order, paid and selected collect option. Can I pop in anytime to collect (Northcliff) or do I wait for an email to advise?

You can pop in today or tomorrow before 12:30pm... they are carrying a bit of extra stock to fill any gaps.

Just take your POP with if you haven't gotten a collection notification yet

Thanks for the support

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Approx 6 l/min air required. 360 l for an hour. That's a big hoover bag...

Sounds like you need a James Bond like, air (rather than CO2) bomb with a regulator...

Or use the forward motion of the bike to scoop air into a bag through a filter so you have your own supply! That's it...I'm off to the patent office!

Same concept, scuba the Covid Sea

With all these designs, masks are becoming bumper stickers for your face.

I've been pondering how long it will take for all the " influencers " to start wearing masks with their brands on 

Edited by BaGearA

But you dont want to pay that much do you?

Didn’t look at the prices, when I have time I will look more earnestly for similar available in SA

Investing in kit to be used practically everyday for the foreseeable future will be a factor in my decision making

The Vye masks have a wire piece on the nose, so you can really form the fit of your masks to your face, no glasses fogging!

They're also releasing an exercise specific mask tomorrow, optimizing breath-ability.

https://vyecyclekit.cc/

Here are some snippets

Cloth face-masks are recommended as part of respiratory hygiene or etiquette which also includes coughing and sneezing into a bent elbow or a tissue (with proper disposal of the tissue). The use of cloth face-masks does not reduce the need for other prevention strategies and should never be promoted separately from hand-washing (or sanitising), physical distancing and other components of cough/sneeze hygiene. The public should not use surgical (medical) or N-95 respirator masks. Surgical masks and N-95 masks are critical supplies that must be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders. The public is strongly discouraged from using these masks.

A cloth mask typically comprises square pieces of cloth with three pleats that can cover the face from ABOVE the nose to BELOW the chin and almost up to the ears. 

Materials

1. Outer layers:

Two layers, an inner  and outer surface of  the mask:

1. Made from thick weave cotton like denim, calico or upholstery cotton fabric that can be easily washed
  2. Comprising two different patterns on the cloth - if possible - to distinguish between inside and outside of the cloth mask
  1. Inner layers:
    1. Two layers of ordinary cotton typically used for linen; 
    2. If possible – between the two inner cotton layers - a laminate breathable layer of non- woven fabric which is washable at high temperatures – or if you don’t have that, something like a jacket lining inner.

2. Strings or straps which can be tied behind the head

DO NOT USE STRETCHY MATERIAL WITH A LOOSE WEAVE such as T-shirt material. These offer no protection at all.

Does anyone have a decent list of people with masks that are more suitable for exercise and have good protection could be pinned and updated? I'd love a Respro one line Wiggle / CRC sell but god knows when that would arrive.