Best Face Mask

paarlmtb

The Vye masks have a wire piece on the nose, so you can really form the fit of your masks to your face, no glasses fogging!

They're also releasing an exercise specific mask tomorrow, optimizing breath-ability.

https://vyecyclekit.cc/

Hopefully the new ones will have a filter. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the new ones will have a filter. 

Define filter? 

It's a 3 layer mask, the inner layer is a washable filter. Just because it is removable and perishes, doesn't make it more effective.

Define filter? 

It's a 3 layer mask, the inner layer is a washable filter. Just because it is removable and perishes, doesn't make it more effective.

So it has a filter? By the looks of your post you're saying it is a 3 layer mask with a washable filter that perishes and doesn't make it more effective. 

I'd like to able to get a 3 layer mask with the ability to use a 5 layers NP25 filter and had a breathable valve (or two).  Revised due to a recent article. 

Edited by T-Bob

Looking at these, they seem very comfy and I also like the adjustable straps.

https://emask.co.za/product/black-pollution-mask/

I wear dust mask all the time "mining environment", so any mask with the "vent" on the side makes it just so much easier specially on hot days.

Have you bought from them? Did like the look of those ones but the site looks a bit dodgy and there is not contact deets apart form the email / contact form. 

So it has a filter? By the looks of your post you're saying it is a 3 layer mask with a washable filter that perishes and doesn't make it more effective. 

I'd like to able to get a 3 layer mask with the ability to use a 5 layers NP25 filter and had a breathable value (or two). 

haha never mind!

Hope you come right.

Have you bought from them? Did like the look of those ones but the site looks a bit dodgy and there is not contact deets apart form the email / contact form. 

No, Im also wondering how legit they are. If I do buy its going to be around R1000, so Im a bit weary until I can get more info.

No, Im also wondering how legit they are. If I do buy its going to be around R1000, so Im a bit weary until I can get more info.

Just got this back from the guys.

Thanks for your enquiry: 

The demand on our masks has been huge and has depleted our current "on hand" stock holding. We always endeavor to ship our masks to our customers as soon as possible. As per our website terms and conditions the delivery period is a maximum of 30 days, however, we always strive to ship the masks out within 7 days of the order. Your order/s will be shipped out with the arrival of our next consignment which should arrive in South Africa in mid May. Please expect your order within a few days from then.

Once your good are in transit to you, you will receive a tracking email from Globeflight Couriers.

We are certain you will love your new face masks and thanks for your patience

Regards,

The eMask Team.

sales@emask.co.za

www.emask.co.za 

Just got this back from the guys.

Thanks for your enquiry: 

The demand on our masks has been huge and has depleted our current "on hand" stock holding. We always endeavor to ship our masks to our customers as soon as possible. As per our website terms and conditions the delivery period is a maximum of 30 days, however, we always strive to ship the masks out within 7 days of the order. Your order/s will be shipped out with the arrival of our next consignment which should arrive in South Africa in mid May. Please expect your order within a few days from then.

Once your good are in transit to you, you will receive a tracking email from Globeflight Couriers.

We are certain you will love your new face masks and thanks for your patience

Regards,

The eMask Team.

sales@emask.co.za

www.emask.co.za 

Well I guess its worth a shot.

And then we have D-Z saying you can use a t-shirt or scarf.

Guidelines only I suppose?

Amazing that they only have guidelines on this yet an endless list of MUSTS for disinfecting workplaces; many of which have stood empty for weeks.

I would not use a tshirt fabric. Sorry

Like it states there they stretch and open up in the weave. 

Ideally a thicker denim like fabric, bull denim or similar as an outer layer will suffice. These fabrics normally dont absorb a light splash of water. I would go as far as buying scotch gaurd or waterproofing from cape union mart and spraying the outside of my mask.

Ideally a thicker denim like fabric, bull denim or similar as an outer layer will suffice. These fabrics normally dont absorb a light splash of water. I would go as far as buying scotch gaurd or waterproofing from cape union mart and spraying the outside of my mask.

The ones Anatomic sell are quite nice.. I have not had fogging issues with my glasses yet.w Wouldn't know how they are during exercise though.

That being said I ordered a lot of surgical masks off Banggood before the massive price increases as well..they just took very long to get to SA. (Only arrived today)

I order a lot not to hord but because I did the calculations on how many we would need for the next I donno how long.. kids would need at least 2 a day for school (2 cause 1 may break..you never know with boys).. and then I ordered from Anatomic for 2 reasons.. to support a hubber and to also ensure we have for when we run out and to ensure my domestic help have for when they can return.

Edited by Gen

My point is...besides guidelines from a province, we are left to our own devices and Dr Google to decide on a mask.

IMO...masks are more about creating an awareness of hygiene and social-distancing than they are about retaining or retarding virus transfer (surgical and n95 excepted).

My point is...besides guidelines from a province, we are left to our own devices and Dr Google to decide on a mask.

IMO...masks are more about creating an awareness of hygiene and social-distancing than they are about retaining or retarding virus transfer (surgical and n95 excepted).

Absolutely. Hygiene is extremely important, and now social distancing is just highlighting levels of what has to be done. 

My take is that my mask must have enough layers and proper fabric to block and stop droplets.

But you dont want to pay that much do you?

thats what they said at the Spez marketing department just before they launched the 2020 Epic...

Eddy's posts are VERY similar to the tens of emails we have received from different Health and Safety companies for various different sites.

And most of these documents originate from Europe .... the odd copy-paste glitch giving clues as to the origin of each document.

The only bit that differs between these documents ..... at some point "people that are at risk" must attend sites ... these people are then encouraged to use N95 masks !!  SOME of the documents elude to this, the rest just follow the SA Health Department party line of there are not enough N95 masks for staff ....

FACT - a paper N95 mask CAN be worn more than once !  36 hour between use, and it good to go again.  Especially where people need to wear such a mask for maybe an hour on a site inspection.  No need to throw it away after the site visit !!

Thus I will be using my cloth masks in low risk areas.  And I am considering a cloth mask and a face shield in some scenarios .... but I most certainly will be using my N95 masks for select site visits ...