Best Face Mask

paarlmtb

We got some pretty decent ones at work. They fit over your head instead of over the ears, much more comfortable. Shape is also anatomical, so it fits snugly over the chin and nose. And they have replaceable filters, which makes sense.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We got some pretty decent ones at work. They fit over your head instead of over the ears, much more comfortable. Shape is also anatomical, so it fits snugly over the chin and nose. And they have replaceable filters, which makes sense.

Where from? 

https://vyecyclekit.cc/collections/all?page=1

I have version 1.0 of these.

version 2.0 is what you see above.

i don't wear glasses nor have i gone riding with it, but they've done the job for public/work trips fine.

I've been riding with buffs for years, almost always have one on me if it's hot or cold, so very used to it.

just remember there are buffs and there are tubescarves, and they are not the same thing. 

The fabric used in buffs and decent tubescarves is way better than the thin cheepo stuff that doesn't even wick moisture and feels like plastic pretty quickly.

On my ride this morning doing my impression of a fish out of water I came up with an idea of what would work, and if an oxygen deprived dipshit like me could have thought of it, it must already exist.

Need a mask that has two non return valves, one for exhalation and the other for inhaling from a reservoir of filtered air.

Like a camelbak for air.

So where can I buy one?

So you inhale air through the NR valve, via a filter, into a reservoir and then into your lungs?

And then exhale via the other NR valve to atmosphere?

On my ride this morning doing my impression of a fish out of water I came up with an idea of what would work, and if an oxygen deprived dipshit like me could have thought of it, it must already exist.

Need a mask that has two non return valves, one for exhalation and the other for inhaling from a reservoir of filtered air.

Like a camelbak for air.

So where can I buy one?

Like a camelbak for air.

So where can I buy one?

Is this perhaps what you're looking for?

post-32525-0-13645300-1588656660_thumb.jpg

This is our Premium 4 Layer Face mask...

I managed 5km's yesterday at 6min/km on the treadmill

It's definitely a challenge compared with no covering, my heart rate was about 10 beats per minute up - but surprisingly doable

attachicon.gifAnatomic Face Up Promotional Material April 2020 - Premium Face Mask.jpg

Hi Andrew,

Just placed an order, paid and selected collect option. Can I pop in anytime to collect (Northcliff) or do I wait for an email to advise?

Hi Andrew, do you not have masks without the sublimation, or different designs even. Looking for something a bit more plain

We are working on some... will hopefully be available within the next week or so

Thanks for the interest

Hi Andrew,

Just placed an order, paid and selected collect option. Can I pop in anytime to collect (Northcliff) or do I wait for an email to advise?

I'll confirm with you shortly if they have extra stock... 

So you inhale air through the NR valve, via a filter, into a reservoir and then into your lungs?

And then exhale via the other NR valve to atmosphere?

No you have a reservoir of filtered air, say in a household vacuum bag, the rest yes.

Things like surface area, positive air pressure etc that propeller heads know about.

So the bag is not filled by your lungs but charged ahead of time? Like the diver's tank? If so, how's it different?

No you have a reservoir of filtered air, say in a household vacuum bag, the rest yes.

Things like surface area, positive air pressure etc that propeller heads know about.

So the bag is not filled by your lungs but charged ahead of time? Like the diver's tank? If so, how's it different?

That's right!

I probably misunderstood your explanation !

You don't have to draw the air through a filter again as it's already filtered, the NR valve just stops you blowing carbon dioxide back into the reservoir .

I think if the mask is airtight when exhaling fresh air would be drawn into the mask from the reservoir because of the pressure difference.

This is all getting too technical for me now, so if it can work and it doesn't exist , I will wait for a suitably qualified person to design one.