Stolen: Cannondale Supersix EVO - High Mod 2017 (Cape Town)

Pure Savage

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am starting to suspect that maybe this was a targeted attack. Why would they crash into the rider only to take the smashed bike? I suspect ulterior motives by the perps. Maybe friends of someone with a CC shop?

Same comment on the 'Cyclist Assaulted' thread:

It may be coincidental.

One our DC team riders was knocked off his bike by a car in Plumstead a few weeks ago. They jumped out and grabbed his backpack and bike, but left it as was broken.

A guy in Durbanville had a similar incident a few weeks ago.

Not a very clever method as both times, the bikes weren't taken as they were too damaged.

Very sad to hear about the attack this morning Brendon, hope you heal up soon and manage to still make the DC  :(. Sickening and frustrating for all cyclists - lets hope law enforcement does its work and there are repercussions for the culprits.

I'm sure the Cape Town cycling community will lend you our support in any way we can - we cannot let these thugs destroy the sport we love in such a beautiful city.  :thumbdown:

Very sad to hear about the attack this morning Brendon, hope you heal up soon and manage to still make the DC :(. Sickening and frustrating for all cyclists - lets hope law enforcement does its work and there are repercussions for the culprits.

I'm sure the Cape Town cycling community will lend you our support in any way we can - we cannot let these thugs destroy the sport we love in such a beautiful city. :thumbdown:

The whole cycling community has been amazing. As soon as I can sit on a saddle will start riding!!

So sorry to hear that @Pure Savage, maak my so kwaad ek soen 'n mamba sommer oopmond [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

So, while I am booked off sick and had to go to one police station yesterday, I had a rest then went to my local one where this bike was stolen. I completed my final statement identifying the bike, my amazing detective could not believe I could recall from memory all the parts can scratches on the bike. 

Hopefully in the next 2 weeks this will be case closed and bike out of police custody.