Stolen: Cannondale Supersix EVO - High Mod 2017 (Cape Town)

Pure Savage

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From going through the effort, I am sure CC know what a mission it is for previous owners to get officer and insurance company to get the stolen goods.

and this is why other folks who got insurance to pay out wont go to the measures and effort that you did.

Then we got some hubbers getting passionate about it, whilst OP not too concerned.

I agree, we need to stop every possible re sale or acceptance of an stolen goods.

Often people dont have ownership papers of bikes they bought second hand tho (more to the entry level under R10k 2nd hand deals)

Maybe we should have a dropdown option on stolen notices on the hub

"insured" & " not insured"

Will save the hubbers from alot of grief for trying to track the bike and getting the owner to go retrieve the found bike.

The other thread got intense due to OP not having the same urgency Pure Savage - welldone on this too.

If its marked as insured then we know atleast what stolen bike is out there, but dont need to be so invested in trying to get OP to go recover.

Just so happy CC got taught a lesson tho- nice work!

But then how many if these insured bikes are actually ‘stolen’ vs ‘helped to get lost’. Thats what the friction might be implying in other threads, at least from my side. Why i’m vocal about people ‘dining and dashing’ on hete so to speak. It sometimes feels on the surface like stolen bikes get listed on here for the sake of showing some sort of attempt to look for it in case they get asked. Meanwhile back at the ranch...it’s easy to leave a bike unsupervised on a bike rack or unlocked in your garden if its new bike time or you need to free up some cash. Again...devils advocate, nothing more.

But then how many if these insured bikes are actually ‘stolen’ vs ‘helped to get lost’. Thats what the friction might be implying in other threads, at least from my side. Why i’m vocal about people ‘dining and dashing’ on hete so to speak. It sometimes feels on the surface like stolen bikes get listed on here for the sake of showing some sort of attempt to look for it in case they get asked. Meanwhile back at the ranch...it’s easy to leave a bike unsupervised on a bike rack or unlocked in your garden if its new bike time or you need to free up some cash. Again...devils advocate, nothing more.

This is a possibility aswell, but i guess we cant do much about that - peoples intentions as if they doing that karma will find them and their new bike will get stolen etc

OP's with a lack of enthusiasm will defnitly deter hubbers from trying to locate a stolen bike and thats not good either

Atleast we know what bikes we should or shouldnt buy.

I do hope so, just hope the next stolen bike that goes in there, they say, no thanks we dont deal in these goods.

Unfortunately this is not going to happen, dealing in stolen goods seems to be part of their business model.

My story is similar to yours and happened 3 years ago.

Bike was stolen from my garage and reported as stolen on the hub.

Tipoff from a hubber after spotting the bike on Facebook a week later.

Setup a sting with the investigating officer after getting the seller to meet at the CC Parklands.

To my surprise the fence turned out to be a seemingly innocent looking suburban housewife who lived a few hundred meters down the road from me...

She turned out to have quite a history of criminal behaviour.

Met her in court again, but the case of possession of stolen goods against her was adjourned as CC put the incorrect serial number on their statement...

It was a lot of effort but I was determined to get my bike back even though it was insured.

post-81698-0-47185900-1603863121_thumb.jpeg

post-81698-0-16198400-1603863891_thumb.jpeg

post-81698-0-26694600-1603863902_thumb.jpeg

post-81698-0-35065200-1603864123_thumb.jpeg

post-81698-0-50182800-1603864132_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately this is not going to happen, dealing in stolen goods seems to be part of their business model.

My story is similar to yours and happened 3 years ago.

Bike was stolen from my garage and reported as stolen on the hub.

Tipoff from a hubber after spotting the bike on Facebook a week later.

Setup a sting with the investigating officer after getting the seller to meet at the CC Parklands.

To my surprise the fence turned out to be a seemingly innocent looking suburban housewife who lived a few hundred meters down the road from me...

She turned out to have quite a history of criminal behaviour.

Met her in court again, but the case of possession of stolen goods against her was adjourned as CC put the incorrect serial number on their statement...

It was a lot of effort but I was determined to get my bike back even though it was insured.

so even our local housewives dealing in stolen items, eish not cool.

glad it got recovered though, but seems Cash converters are common denominator in most cases.