Calculus Gravel Bike

Dyl

attachicon.gifIMG_20200726_095440-min.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20200726_101637-min.jpg

I recently got a Gravel frame custom made for me by the awesome guys over at Calculus Bikes. The frame arrived the other day, and after a fairly effortless build of my old parts across, I took her for a spin.

The bike immediately feels right, like how you would imagine a bike that was made for you to feel. Being a gravel bike, the fit won't be super aggressive, but it's far from a lounge chair. It's comfortable but also feels like it's rearing to race.

The power transfer is great. I loved getting out the saddle and pushing up some of the gravel climbs, and on the road is no different.

On the looks side of things, it's gorgeous. Both the titanium itself and the actual lines are beautifully simple. There are places to fasten panniers and ample space for wider tires for long more technical adventures.

Bucket List Bike. When i am big and rich.

attachicon.gifIMG_20200726_095440-min.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20200726_101637-min.jpg

I recently got a Gravel frame custom made for me by the awesome guys over at Calculus Bikes. The frame arrived the other day, and after a fairly effortless build of my old parts across, I took her for a spin.

The bike immediately feels right, like how you would imagine a bike that was made for you to feel. Being a gravel bike, the fit won't be super aggressive, but it's far from a lounge chair. It's comfortable but also feels like it's rearing to race.

The power transfer is great. I loved getting out the saddle and pushing up some of the gravel climbs, and on the road is no different.

On the looks side of things, it's gorgeous. Both the titanium itself and the actual lines are beautifully simple. There are places to fasten panniers and ample space for wider tires for long more technical adventures.

Raise and see you. Munga Calculus gravel bike.Has to rank as one of the best bicycles that i have owned,

post-1760-0-72613500-1595961312_thumb.jpg

post-1760-0-32474000-1595961325_thumb.jpg

Hahaha! Was your finger on the trigger?

Ja, they are beautiful bikes and even with the most basic components, they make your eyes water with envy, I've seen and drooled over one in the flesh...it's a custom build after all, but would still like to know what you get for R38K...

Edit.....the Village Roast in Noordhoek from 7 to 9, Sat and Sunday AM is the place to view all manner of weekend "Ferrari's" and "Lambos" of the 2 wheeled variety!

Edited by capediver

Ja, they are beautiful bikes and even with the most basic components, they make your eyes water with envy, I've seen and drooled over one in the flesh...it's a custom build after all, but would still like to know what you get for R38K...

Edit.....the Village Roast in Noordhoek from 7 to 9, Sat and Sunday AM is the place to view all manner of weekend "Ferrari's" and "Lambos" of the 2 wheeled variety!

• 2 years later...