Bike comfort

Chadvdw67

I am not expecting the road bike to feel like the MTB, just looking for something to take the edge off the road chatter, my triceps and hands get sore on the bumpier sections of the route I ride, and my hands go numb from time to time, it goes away quickly if I shake my arm out.

Tyres are 4 bar front and 5 rear, I can live with it the way it is, but if I can make it feel nicer to ride without costing too much, that would be great

In my case, he checked the shape of my feet and then put in inserts so that the arch of my foot is supported, adjusted saddle height & position, stem, position of grips, brake levers and all shifters. 

All done with lasers n stuff and it made a massive difference. 

He's a hell of nice guy, if you have any questions, give him a call

Edit: forgot to add that he also adjust my cleats

Thats quite a lot of change. Even if each one was small. Makes me wonder how much 'better' I could be feeling.... What specific problems or discomforts did you go to him with?

I am not expecting the road bike to feel like the MTB, just looking for something to take the edge off the road chatter, my triceps and hands get sore on the bumpier sections of the route I ride, and my hands go numb from time to time, it goes away quickly if I shake my arm out.

Tyres are 4 bar front and 5 rear, I can live with it the way it is, but if I can make it feel nicer to ride without costing too much, that would be great

Sounds like a bike fit problem

After my bikefit with Richard the sore hands and triceps went away.

That makes sense because theres a lot more pressure on them now, maybe try raise your bars, or even bring them a bit closer to you, to try minimise the new (more stretched out) position going from mtb to road.

Good morning hubbers, I recently got a road bike to do some additional riding, it is a Raliegh RC2000, enjoying it so far, but coming from a DS MTB, it would be nice if I could make it a little more comfortable, it had 23c tyres on, changed them to 28c gatorskins, that helped a LOT, also found the wheels had loose spokes and were not true, so got that sorted out, and that also helped smooth out the ride a bit, but now, what can I look at next, would a carbon seatpost and bars make it a bit more compliant? Or maybe gravel bars? What else can I look at for some more comfort on the bike?

Carbon handlebars will give you some comfort on the hands. 

Thats quite a lot of change. Even if each one was small. Makes me wonder how much 'better' I could be feeling.... What specific problems or discomforts did you go to him with?

Didn't really have any problems - when I first got my bike, everyone here said that the best money spent was on a proper fitting and I took this advice.

They were 1000000000% correct - just made everything about the bike better!

what the others have said. in this order

but add

drop the pressures in the tyre slightly, you're running 28s 

carbon bars do actually make a small difference, and double wrapped carbon bars are even better

HTFU

This, Rule #5.

its been said but if the fit is right, the cheapest comfort upgrade is to double wrap your bars

Even cheaper is the HTFU bit but time on the road bike will make this happen anyway