Critérium du Dauphiné 2020

Vetplant

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sivakov very fortunate to be back in the saddle. That crash would've smashed the break's chances now.

Three climbs to go, leg speed high, pace just about at threshold-ish. Don't blink.

Go, Dani!!!

ihnunSeCr9pCRrnEpWJobW.jpg

Edited by 'Dale

Doesn't look like he will be able to take the race. He is struggling alot. Bleeding at the back of the main chase group.

But wait ... it's not over yet...

He found some French allies there[emoji4]

Edited by Gen

What a crazy week of racing.

Some awesome racing.. esp today riders out there with no teammates to look too.. ..[emoji122]

It has absolutely been the most outrageous couple of days of cycling. Wow

The win of Dani Martinez's career. He had to use all of his race craft on this final day to take glory with all the permutations. EF Pro Cycling will celebrate as this is a great result for them.

Sepp Kuss, what a stylish looking super domestique. Hope for the beleaguered American cycling fraternity. Chapeau! Pinot played the patient game and it just didn't pan out on the road.

Beautiful racing.  :wub:

post-12015-0-63458100-1597589669_thumb.jpg

Edited by 'Dale

2020. The year when the twenty somethings took over from the thirty somethings and from what we're seeing, the future is bright. Salute to the old boys club, thanks for the memories.

2020. The year when the twenty somethings took over from the thirty somethings and from what we're seeing, the future is bright. Salute to the old boys club, thanks for the memories.

The fearlessness of youth, hey!

There's such a good group of young guys coming through the ranks it is definitely going to make racing very interesting over the next decade or so.

That said don't discount a number of the thirty somethings on the basis of this Dauphine. A lot of them are still pure class and more than capable of competing for the win!

The win of Dani Martinez's career. He had to use all of his race craft on this final day to take glory with all the permutations. EF Pro Cycling will celebrate as this is a great result for them.

Sepp Kuss, what a stylish looking super domestique. Hope for the beleaguered American cycling fraternity. Chapeau! Pinot played the patient game and it just didn't pan out on the road.

Beautiful racing.  :wub:

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2020-08-16 at 16.49.38.jpg

a crazy day of beautiful racing...5 mountain top finishes too their toll...Pinot was let down by not any team mates around him to aid his chase ...Kuss .." was riding for fun"...lovely win for him....

The fearlessness of youth, hey!

Maybe if they had a smidgen of self preservation, Remco and Rogla's seasons would still be looking bright. Muppets.

Maybe if they had a smidgen of self preservation, Remco and Rogla's seasons would still be looking bright. Muppets.

Its what I thought when I saw Sivakov go down. Pushing the limit too far. But hats off to him for getting back on and getting back into the race.

Would they be as entertaining though?

Agree that they do need to use common sense about when to take risks and when not. Didn't see either accidents so not willing to cast blame onto them as such because of other potential factors towards their respective crashes. Hopefully recent events will inform their racing acumen without negatively affecting their confidence in themselves and their abilities.