2020 UCI Road World Championships: Imola – Emilia-Romagna

Vetplant

I think that this is basically 95% of the reason a lot of our fellow hubbers like him. He is a showman and you know that if he's targeting a race he is going to give it a 100% outright effort, think RVV last year or even his win at Amstel Gold. Very hard to dislike someone who races like that. I dig his personality too, seems to have a good grip on when he needs to be very focused and when he needs to be more relaxed

Also very good at both XCO and CX, and yes I know that something of an understatement.

Should listen to some of the interviews he has done together with his dad....is piss funny how those two constantly argue

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should listen to some of the interviews he has done together with his dad....is piss funny how those two constantly argue

Might have to find a few YouTube clips then!

What a race for both the men and womans UCI Champs - these are incredible athletes.

Was bummed Wout couldnt get the win but Alaphilippe (WOW) massive effort at the end there.

Calender is looking so good for cycling in the next two months. Cant contain myself lol

WvA was a marked man at every one day race he entered this year (after lockdown), and has finished 1-3-1-2. He had an 11th place at Omloop Het Nieuwsblad back in Feb that sort of spoils his 2020 1.x race results.

He chased down JA at Milan-San Remo, and then beat him in the 2up sprint. The others couldn’t catch either of these two when they attacked on the Poggio.

He rode away from a select few at Strada Bianche, including Fuglsang (in the same final selection this weekend).

The fact is, that he didn’t have the legs to go with JA this weekend - when it counted. JA took his one and only chance and it paid off for him. Had WvA managed to join JA, it could’ve been a repeat of MSR.

MvdP is claimed by both the Belgians and Dutch as one of their own and the French would bestow an honorary citizenship on him if asked.

Think his popularity is even wider though due to his entertaining racing style

Belgium should be scrapped and shared between France and Holland anyway. They hate each other. I remember beeing at a ski camp and the Belgium national squad was with us... Talk about team work :) Kept calling each other names etc..

I also thin JA is a very strategic and intelligent rider. He has that nose that sniffs out the opposition and identifies the opportune moment to attack. If it doesn't work he sits up and plays meek. Then later goes again. He really livens up a race.

I really hope he gives the TdF a proper crack before he's too old. He's such a good alrounder

Belgium should be scrapped and shared between France and Holland anyway. They hate each other. I remember beeing at a ski camp and the Belgium national squad was with us... Talk about team work :) Kept calling each other names etc..

Belgium was once part of the Netherlands and part of France 

Belgium was once part of the Netherlands and part of France

I recently learned that it's actually the Netherlands and not Holland. Holland is apparently a province and is where the majority of Dutch citizens live. Elodie Kuijper did a video about it iirc.

I recently learned that it's actually the Netherlands and not Holland. Holland is apparently a province and is where the majority of Dutch citizens live. Elodie Kuijper did a video about it iirc.

That is correct

Nearly right. Holland is actually made up of two provinces: North (main city Amsterdam) and South Holland (main city Rotterdam). 

The trying hard to get people to refer to The Netherlands but vast majority don't....a bit like most Europeans refer to all British as English

Got the jersey last year In Aalst.

Very, very pretty

Now I need, Dutch, French and Italian ones!!!

I like some of the older designs from the years gone by. Seems the Belgium kit has remained much the same over the years. The Swiss kit is also quite cool, as is the USA kit (not that I'd buy that one).

I'm just glad that I get to wear my Giro shirt #iamsterdam #giromania through warmer weather this year, instead of having to wear a jacket/gilet over it (usually in May). Has been an annual tradition since 2012 - and breaks the rule of wearing club kit on the rides.

It's not quite the Maillot Rosa, as it's a normal cycle shirt, from Amsterdam, commemorating the Giro starting there in 2012 2010. The Maillot Rosa looks somewhat different.

Edit: it was 2010, not 2012

Edited by Frosty

Nearly right. Holland is actually made up of two provinces: North (main city Amsterdam) and South Holland (main city Rotterdam).

The trying hard to get people to refer to The Netherlands but vast majority don't....a bit like most Europeans refer to all British as English

I need to see if I can find that video. That will definitely clear up any confusion but yes the country's name is the Netherlands and not Holland although it is colloquially known as such.

I need to see if I can find that video. That will definitely clear up any confusion but yes the country's name is the Netherlands and not Holland although it is colloquially known as such.

No need, was born and raised in NL so pretty certain of the facts.

No need, was born and raised in NL so pretty certain of the facts.

I can then assume that the NL in your screen name refers to your country of birth?