Pure Savage

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, feels like PS may have the only fully represented teams in the DC this year.

we got one stuck in the UK, one down with a moerse headache, one down with delayed exams, might just squeeze 10 for the startline but could be a long day out.

Will be there no the less. Just need to stay Covid free longer

I absolutely LOVE this event.  And sure as hell, it will sell out in seconds........but...........

Apparently entries open today at 1 PM:

EVENT FORMAT INFORMATION

Below is a summary of the revised rules but team captains and members are to ensure they are familiar with the event terms and conditions which will have to be acknowledged by each team member when confirming individual participation.

• Team comprises a maximum 10 riders  New rules......okay..........sure...........
  • Team entry cost = R12 000 Masahare......seriously boys and girls?.......R1200 per person....okay...what do I get for my $$?
  • Team entries limited to 150 teams
  • The start order will be reversed (fastest teams off first)  
  • A new start protocol will be implemented to adhere to social distancing requirements, riders will be temperature checked before entering the start area
  • Social distancing will apply
  • No rider offering (no goodie bag or gifts)  So not even a PK for my R1.2k?
  • No prize giving / no prize fund  Thus no incentive for big pros to join for racing........
  • No feed stations along the route (only water & toilets in strategic areas)  New normal....sure.....but....you are charing me R1.2k........come again why?
  • New Team Feed Zone rules
  • New support vehicle rules
  • No post event meals & refreshments  mmmmmmmmmm.....sure........new normal and all that ****.....
    Still wondering what my R1.2k is going for...........

For the CT guys it might be a jol and something to do while there is nothing else on the calendar.

But it just feel as if PPA is taking a bit advantage of this Covid crap......
But that is me.

Guess I will have to skip this one this year.  To rich for my poor ass.

Those of you that will ride it...........have fun!!!!

Edited by Spinnekop

Oh man, feels like PS may have the only fully represented teams in the DC this year.

we got one stuck in the UK, one down with a moerse headache, one down with delayed exams, might just squeeze 10 for the startline but could be a long day out.

Will be there no the less. Just need to stay Covid free longer

We have lost a lot of riders as well, pregnancies, babies, 36one the weekend before, immigration, injuries.

Kit ordered and into production! Ciovita have a new material so the shirts sizing is a little larger than what we previously were used to.

Kit ordered and into production! Ciovita have a new material so the shirts sizing is a little larger than what we previously were used to.

I see they used an image of your team in their Insta ad

It's ok, you can blame the weight gain on Covid..

Good luck :D

I see a few of us on the event site's notice board... 

I had team .. just volunteered to be on the shortlist if to many members.... maybe its a sign not todo it this year.

Good luck :D

I see a few of us on the event site's notice board... 

Few people with optimistic times on there ... probably don't know there no more time stop at feeding zones and only 45min neutral ..   

so by default time is ~45min -1hr longer than last few years and  recovery is almost nothing as its eat and ride, no sitting around anymore.

Add the fact no more sucking faster teams passing (or at all).. its gonna be shocker long day for some..