Best road bike for 50K

Eastieman

The best Roadbike in that price range is certainly a secondhand super bike. Keep your eyes on the Hub Marketplace.

you will buy something much, much better that the Cabal.

Hey Guys, 

Thinking about buying this https://ridecabal.com/aero-1-rim-force-22.html . Anyone had any experience on this bike or would recommend something different ?

Thanks 

Does that Cabal make you fizz?

50k buys you a VERY nice bike. IMO there's no need to trawl the classifieds for a 2nd hander.

50k for that swanky spray job and carbon wheels. Shu. I'm not sure you could do better for the money.

I see them around but they are not exactly a common sight.

I've not ridden one but from what I understand the bikes are open mold frames. So basically there's a factory in the east that manufactures frames and a bike brand (in this case Cabal) essentially picks the frame out of a catalog. That aero frame has the look of a BMC time machine to me.

I don't think you'll feel embarrassed pulling up at bootleggers with one of those badboys. For 50k you're getting a Spez Tarmac with 105 and no carbon wheels. Or a Scott Addict Disc with Ultegra but sans carbon wheels.

• Brand new. Tick
  • Very few on the road. Tick
  • Swish spray job. Tick
  • Carbon wheels. Tick

The only downside I see is no disc brakes but that's not a huge downside IMO.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

@ 50K budget, there's really no need to buy second hand.

Get that shiny new bike you want...

The Titan shared above is great value for money.

You can get a TCR also but you will have heavy alloy wheels with it.

Does that Cabal make you fizz?

This above is my answer too.

I don't know Cabal so can't help there. I also don't see a lot around, which makes it quite appealing to me solely on exclusivity. 

50k will buy you a boss second hand bike. But thats also a lot of money to take a (probably small) gamble on. I'd probably go new.

For me, brand, shape and looks first. You want to be desperate to ride every time you walk past it. Wheels you'll eventually replace regardless. Disk brakes, electronic whatnot is merely a nice to have.

Unique is great, but if you have 150k to spend. 

You will 'usually' get way more bike for buck with a known brand. I also used to think that boutique was best, bling was rad bla bla....

Now I honestly just want a plain bike that isn't a tank, is cost effective and works. 

I am getting seriously boring in my old age, but how my bike rides and my fitness is way more important to me than how swank or pikey bling my bike is. 

If I had 50k I would actually buy one of those Cinelli Tig Nemo frames from CRC with some carbon Prime wheels and an 11 speed hydro groupset.

I have all the rest I could slap on.

It would be a 7.5kg bike all in and be as comfortable as a sofa.