iPhone 12 release

Cois

I think we can all agree the price is insane, but thats not only an apple thing.

Im actually okay with this. In fact, since they have now moved over to USB-C, they could even drop the cable. Everyone has a multitude of the things lying around.

I think from an environmental viewpoint, its a great thing - a lot less e-waste will be generated this way. Yes, it also saves them money, but im actually okay with it in this regard.

Earphones are also a personal thing. I dont use them at all. Most that do, use aftermarket ones that are much better anyway.

I have a drawer full of USB charging adaptors, most modern wall sockets have a USB port, your computer has a few USB ports, and then when on the move, most people use a power bank in any case. 

They still use the lightning port.  The cable you get is lightning to USB-C.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They still use the lightning port. The cable you get is lightning to USB-C.

True. The reality is that more and more people are moving to wireless charging and with the new MagSafe charging for iphone, even less people will be using wired chargers.

Older lighting chargers will also work, and most people have tons of them floating about.

And with Wireless charging I am planning on getting a few wireless charging stations to put in key areas.

As for the headphones, I think mine are still sitting unopened in the box for the last 2 iPhones I got.

I have three in the house and one one in my study. Easy peasy. The MagSafe chargers are going to be amazing as well.

I have three in the house and one one in my study. Easy peasy. The MagSafe chargers are going to be amazing as well.

Still dont know why they dropped the magsafe charging from the Macbooks, the amount of times that has save my MBPs 

New phone day and rather surprised by what’s in the box....or what’s not.

No earphones and they gone with the new USB-C to lightning cable but don’t include a USB-C charger.

Soon they going to make you pay extra for a battery [emoji85][emoji3]

At least the SIM card pin is still included [emoji3]

2fcaa3d2a276538d337b2ef53292b9c8.jpg

Yeah I have a MacBook Pro, several iPads and iPhones , and DJI items but not one single charger that will take a USB-C cable, so not having a charger in the box would be an issue for me, and what about cars using USB for CarPlay? I guess you have to use another cable for that then [emoji1]

Edited by The Ghost

Yeah I have a MacBook Pro, several iPads and iPhones , and DJI items but not one single charger that will take a USB-C cable, so not having a charger in the box would be an issue for me, and what about cars using USB for CarPlay?

Do your iPad not come with a usb-c brick? Mine did.

Yes, sorry, my point was that the only cable it comes with (USB-C) would be useless to me.

I would just use existing cables and chargers.

my daughter Ipad 7 that we bought her beginning of the year has standard USB to lightning, maybe the newer ones got the USB-C

my daughter Ipad 7 that we bought her beginning of the year has standard USB to lightning, maybe the newer ones got the USB-C

Ditto... also got the iPad 7 (for school use) with Lightning to USB cable and power adapter. 

I'm glad it has the power adapter, as kids tend to forget to charge their device and power bank.

No earphones and they gone with the new USB-C to lightning cable but don’t include a USB-C charger.

Do yourself a favour and get a few wireless charging blocks. Hard to beat

so jealous!

See a few complaints surfaced about the battery life of the phones.

Correction the battery issue was on 5G.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/iphone-12-battery-life-results-are-in-and-theyre-not-great

Edited by Cois

Some of my guys got them yesterday. Getting speeds of 600mbs in the building. Quite something g

and MyiStore is starting to discount the 11, but nothing on the 12, not even a bit of noise