iPhone 12 release

Cois

Except when apple intentionally slows down your device...because your battery is old they claim ( My Experience) making your device unusable.

and they got wrapped over the knuckles for that and subsequently released a software update.

I've got a 5 year old iPhone 6s, apart from the battery not lasting that long anymore it still works 100%.

Sorry, but for every con an Apple hater googles an Android hater can also google cons.

Each has their place and audience. 

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something on Hauwei doesn’t work... is it Garmin Connect?

Nah, something else, mine works fine

Something on Hauwei doesn’t work... is it Garmin Connect?

Look I got a little worried when the US started slapping them with court orders and app bans and whatever else, but luckily in my (pretty minimal) usage I haven't come across anything I couldn't use.

and they got wrapped over the knuckles for that and subsequently released a software update.

I've got a 5 year old iPhone 6s, apart from the battery not lasting that long anymore it still works 100%.

Sorry, but for every con an Apple hater googles an Android hater can also google cons.

Each has their place and audience. 

As I said my experience, I had An Ipad, and got rid of it before the update, because it became unusable.

but it goes to show Apple ethics. that they are willing to **** over the user, to get said user to spend more money. 

P.S I'm not saying Googles Ethic's are much better just not so F-U to the user

and Apple in alot of areas is a market leader, like with the built in battery and headphone jack, and others follow, they also tend to follow apples bussiness model and ethics....

Edited by TuxStir

Look I got a little worried when the US started slapping them with court orders and app bans and whatever else, but luckily in my (pretty minimal) usage I haven't come across anything I couldn't use.

the US ban on Hauwei only ever effected those newly designed devices that had not already been google certified, 

Recently upgraded to Iphone SE (Second Generation) from a 7, which I have had for 4 years. It has not given me an ounce of issue.

Same Chip as the 11, but none of the unecessary crap.

Still too much money to spend on a device. 

And I’m just sitting here typing on my cracked iPhone 7.

The 12 is a beast but at what price... the 11 was already way out of reach for me. The 12 will be too.

12 is the same price as the 11

The biggest issue with Android as an operating system is the fact that it is almost impossible to get updates across all devices, so, if there is a security update for example, because there are literally thousands of different specs across all the phones that use android, each with their own slight differences in software etc, very few will actually update. 

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/9/21319238/android-10-fastest-adoption-rate-google-software-update

Have to admit, whilst I never buy the latest phones, I am doing the sums this morning to work out how to buy the 12 pro max without spending much cash. The camera appears to be startlingly good. 

Have to admit, whilst I never buy the latest phones, I am doing the sums this morning to work out how to buy the 12 pro max without spending much cash. The camera appears to be startlingly good. 

I'm hoping the prices on the SE and 11 drop and then I can pick up one of those, would love a 12, I especially like that they are offering a smaller version with all the punch of the bigger one.

I'm hoping the prices on the SE and 11 drop and then I can pick up one of those, would love a 12, I especially like that they are offering a smaller version with all the punch of the bigger one.

11 should drop in price as 12 is launching at the same price that the 11 is now. 

Too bad that $999 becomes R30k in SA instead of R17k

I’d pay R17k

Greed form the core group. Wish Apple would start selling in South Africa and cut out the idiots from core