Frosty

Let's get traction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a time slot

• Friday night (18:00 - 20:00)
    • Saturday afternoon
    • Sunday afternoon

We have decided to host the next (attempted) event on 22/01 with a reserve date of 29/01.

We know that Track SA's are on the same weekend, but we can't move the event to suit everyone - there will be more than just the next one planned for 22/01.

Pretty much the same setup as before.

A new online entry form will be posted here in the new year.

Frosty is this still on the cards ?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

And, you never did...

I posted on the WhatsApp group last night, after we (club) had discussed it. As we were all on leave at different times, the first time we saw each other was yesterday.

Herewith the message sent on WhatsApp:

Afternoon everyone. Given we haven’t communicated since late November, a happy new year to all. Hope 2021 brings us some relief from the current pandemic and its effect on our lives.

Under current “lockdown” regulations, we will suspend the planning of the criteriums until we reach a level that allows organized events to take place.

Keep safe, and the rubber side down. And most of all, enjoy riding your bike.

Regards, G

I heard that there was Crit around the Brakpan/Benoni area as well, not sure about the details but I think its at the go-kart track.

I heard that there was Crit around the Brakpan/Benoni area as well, not sure about the details but I think its at the go-kart track.

Yup. It is at the go-kart track. If by go kart track you mean the new(-ish) Formula K one?

Correct  New go-kart track on Snake Rd just South from the N12.

I think Wednesday afternoons at 17h30.

• 3 weeks later...

Correct  New go-kart track on Snake Rd just South from the N12.

I think Wednesday afternoons at 17h30.

Hi,

Do you perhaps have a link for these races?

Also, any news on the crits at the airport?

I would definitely like to start participating in these type of races.

Thanks

Hi,

Do you perhaps have a link for these races?

Also, any news on the crits at the airport?

I would definitely like to start participating in these type of races.

Thanks

Go look for Crit crushers on Facebook or Instagram. They post venue etc. They use 2 venues. The Go-Kart track on Snake Road just outside Benoni and The Rock between Benoni and Brakpan. Usually alternate.

Until last night’s announcement by CR, we were unable to host any events, due of the rules pertaining to social gatherings.

As they have relaxed the rule a bit, to 100, we might start planning to host the first Friday Night Crit on the “Rand Airport circuit”.

More details after we’ve had a chance to discuss it amongst ourselves on a club ride. With the 100 people rule for outdoor events, we might do 30/category, plus the 10 helpers.