Trans Baviaans 2021

pedal menace

It is also illegal. People seem to miss this. Did we agree to T's and C's allowing them to not refund in these circumstances? If not then they must refund us and cannot refuse to do so. If the terms are hidden somewhere then the CPA applies if not pointed out.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They also had LOTS of warning given covid hit our shores in March and TB was originally in August. They were not taken by surprise.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone recieved their coupon code yet as per Ecobounds last email?

No, I didn't.

I emailed them now and they said that it was mailed to us last week. I definitely didn't receive that mail, also not in my spam or gmail social/promotions folders. 

Anyways, got the coupon code now and transferred our team of 4 to the 14 August 2021 Race weekend.

One of our team members said he's done with this latest R600 transfer fee, he can't keep up with the costs just piling on and still there is no certainty if the August event will even happen. So now we down to a 3 man team.

I will join your team  :clap:

No, I didn't.

I emailed them now and they said that it was mailed to us last week. I definitely didn't receive that mail, also not in my spam or gmail social/promotions folders. 

Anyways, got the coupon code now and transferred our team of 4 to the 14 August 2021 Race weekend.

One of our team members said he's done with this latest R600 transfer fee, he can't keep up with the costs just piling on and still there is no certainty if the August event will even happen. So now we down to a 3 man team.

I will join your team  :clap:

Haha you are already fifth in line!

We are keeping it three for now.. easier to manage mechanicals and bonking of three bikes and three bodies instead of four.

Anyone recieved their coupon code yet as per Ecobounds last email?

Nope received NOTHING! Was probably sent from the same mail server that sent out the "survey" about the event. I am still waiting for that mail too. And it is not in any spam folder. 

No, I didn't.

Do you know whether it is possible to transfer to a different event than what you were originally entered for?

Do you know whether it is possible to transfer to a different event than what you were originally entered for?

Yes, doesn't matter if you are transferring from The Race or The Repeat, you can transfer to any of the other events. 

You can transfer to the 2021 Repeat event from next week Monday, but for now just to the Race weekend.

If you want to transfer to a 2022/2023 event, then you have to send them a mail to reserve your spot.

Yes, doesn't matter if you are transferring from The Race or The Repeat, you can transfer to any of the other events. 

You can transfer to the 2021 Repeat event from next week Monday, but for now just to the Race weekend.

If you want to transfer to a 2022/2023 event, then you have to send them a mail to reserve your spot.

Thank you very much. We were originally entered for the Repeat and have not really paid attention to the process and still a bit undecided what we want to do...

No, I didn't.

Also only recieved it this morning after asking for it in a heated email. Despite everything I will still give them the benefit of the doubt but I must admit that my patience is running low. There is literally no room for skimping this year and if Ecobound is not going to deliver a world class event people is going to vote with their wallets in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I please get some advise. Maybe I struggle to read webpages or follow instructions, but what exactly is the process to transfer your entry to Aug 2021? The way I read it is:

1. You will receive a mail with a unique code that you (I think) append to your race entry reference number - this then becomes your discount coupon;

2. You then need to physically go to the 2021 entry portal, enter the 2021 event but use your unique coupon code to get the relevant discount;  

3. You end up paying just the transfer fee;

NOW....

* To this date I have received ABSOLUTELY NO MAILS WHATSOEVER.

* I have checked every possible spam folder, everywhere, I really did not get any mails! 

* I have mailed EcoBound and asked what's up - I have received ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSE;

Am I following the wrong process? Anyone who can help? 

Edited by pedal menace

YIKES...I have always been an ambassador for this event. Having done 6 of them, it has always been one of my firm favourites! I encouraged every fellow rider I met to at least do one. UNTIL.....I saw how they handled the 2020 event. Again, I know this is their bread and butter, I know the impact COVID had on them. I fully understand and respect the conundrum they face. But there are ways to handle this properly. First they claim to have done a survey..REALLY?? I never got a mail to do a survey, yet I get all their other mails. I have also mailed them numerous times, and feedback received did leave a slight bitter taste in my mouth. It was clear that their (I assume dire) financial position left them in a difficult spot. I tried my best to understand it all. However, their level communication just got worse. It was clear their brand was taking damage yet they continued (in my personal opinion) to put their financial position over that of the riders. And now this!!!!! I am sorry, I have lost all respect for the event. I am dissapointed. They can technically do what they want, we have little choice in teh matter, but they care what we think? But I know how we as riders feel and act...in a year or two or three when entries open (and  they are still around), all entries will likely sell out again. We as riders are a loving bunch and forgive easily and our deep love for the sport is so big, we will put all this nastiness behind us...I hope :-) 

Ecobound and all their events are firmly off my Christmas list!!!

Can I please get some advise. Maybe I struggle to read webpages or follow instructions, but what exactly is the process to transfer your entry to Aug 2021? The way I read it is:

1. You will receive a mail with a unique code that you (I think) append to your race entry reference number - this then becomes your discount coupon;

2. You then need to physically go to the 2021 entry portal, enter the 2021 event but use your unique coupon code to get the relevant discount;  

3. You end up paying just the transfer fee;

NOW....

* To this date I have received ABSOLUTELY NO MAILS WHATSOEVER.

* I have checked every possible spam folder, everywhere, I really did not get any mails! 

* I have mailed EcoBound and asked what's up - I have received ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSE;

Am I following the wrong process? Anyone who can help? 

That's the correct procedure.

We also didn't receive the mail with coupon code. I then sent a mail to team@ecobound.co.za and the responded within minutes with the coupon code email. We waited quite long before entering/transferring, but surprisingly still got in for the Aug 2021 Race event. 

• 3 months later...

To revive an old...

3 spelling mistakes from Ecobound in the lastest mail, in the first two paragraphs only. Hope they're better at organisation than communication.