CamelBak Warranty SA

Mojoman

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dad jokes. What's next? Dad bod or a station wagon?

HAHAHA

I am in the throes of selling the Defender 90 to buy a Duster or (insert other sensible family car)... But I don't think the dadbod is coming any time soon! 

HAHAHA

I am in the throes of selling the Defender 90 to buy a Duster or (insert other sensible family car)... But I don't think the dadbod is coming any time soon!

We just got past the brand bulls#ttery and now you pull it back.

:D

as far as I am aware it is only the bladder with lifetime warranty. Considering I have had 2 bladders replaced after 8 years I would say it is a good warranty.

Did they require a receipt to replace the bladder 8yrs down the road?

We just got past the brand bulls#ttery and now you pull it back.

:D

He is immune.

Swapping a Land Rover for a Duster.

He has probably heard every broken LR joke twice. And lived a third of them.

Unless it's the BMW engined Landy. Then only a quarter* of the jokes has become reality.

*Remember kids, 72.3% of all quoted stats are made up on the spot.

He is immune.

Swapping a Land Rover for a Duster.

He has probably heard every broken LR joke twice. And lived a third of them.

Unless it's the BMW engined Landy. Then only a quarter* of the jokes has become reality.

*Remember kids, 72.3% of all quoted stats are made up on the spot.

hahaha I've been lucky... Nearly 15 years and my portable oil dispenser has only cocked out ywice.

Gear box at 150 000km and head gasket at 203000km... I replaced the brake booster at the same time as the head gasket and it drives so nicely now. 

But a 2 door car with no back seats is not practical with kids.

300Tdi 2.5L... It still growls and the low pressure turbo whines like a well satisfied mid 20 something 

300Tdi is actually one of the better engines put in a LR if its not abused. 200Tdi as well. I've had LRs. And I've fixed them often enough in the middle of nowhere. The broken back diff (planetary gear pin said "bye"), the dry joint on the spider immobiliser (bypass), the leaking power steering hoses, a fuel pump with inadequate pressure to make the engine run, broken shock absorber towers, etc etc etc. About the only thing I haven't had to touch is the chassis. [emoji85]

I eventually bought new GU 4.8 Patrol some years back. Heavy on fuel but utterly, utterly trouble free and reliable. Best 4wd I've ever owned from that perspective. Do miss the permanent 4wd and the torque biasing diffs I put in my LR though.

Edited by MudLark

hahaha I've been lucky... Nearly 15 years and my portable oil dispenser has only cocked out ywice.

Gear box at 150 000km and head gasket at 203000km... I replaced the brake booster at the same time as the head gasket and it drives so nicely now. 

But a 2 door car with no back seats is not practical with kids.

300Tdi 2.5L... It still growls and the low pressure turbo whines like a well satisfied mid 20 something 

tempted

• 1 month later...

as far as I am aware it is only the bladder with lifetime warranty. Considering I have had 2 bladders replaced after 8 years I would say it is a good warranty. 

Looks like you are right...the top of the shoulder strap came away from the bag so its stitching/manufacturing issue in my opinion...

Now after sending it down to Cape Cycles they now tell me repairs will be from R300-800, they still dont know as it has to go somewhere else for assessment and around R150 to R250 postage back...Bit of a waste to send it all the way down there for nothing when I could have had a guy in town  who does canvas work just stitch it back up then for probably R100/150...Anyway that's my error here...experience should have warned me what happens when you try to claim...lol

So before you shell out decent money for what you think may be a product that should last a 'lifetime' in a sense (I don't expect 10/15 years but its from Aug 2017..) and should have a certain level of warranty coverage be aware of the interpretation of 'lifetime'..

https://www.camelbak.com/customer-service/warranty/warranty.html

Lol...so to repair a strap costs R480....its already cost me R100 to post net this thing to Cape Cycles (my advice...dont bother)...another R100 back....and another R200 in petrol to pick up and collect as its a 50km round trip for me...A new bag costs around R900 on CWC....

What a sham and scam....Bit miff here but ja....lesson learnt. Go cheap and expect to replace after 3 or 4 years....

Guess I will be using my friends 4 year old Dunlop backpack as that outlasted my fancy Camelbak....!
I can already hear the comments from him..... :thumbdown: 

Ya the back pack itself is only warrantied for one year. Camelbak stopped the lifetime warranty on the back pack probably 10years ago because people abused the pack. It would get tossed in the washing machine with items having velcro closures. The velcro hooks on the stitching and hey presto the bag starts falling apart apart.

I have several camelbak bags and bladders and the bags have never broken unless worn out. Bladders, I warrantied a few without any challenge since it wasn't a case of product abuse

Ya the back pack itself is only warrantied for one year. Camelbak stopped the lifetime warranty on the back pack probably 10years ago because people abused the pack. It would get tossed in the washing machine with items having velcro closures. The velcro hooks on the stitching and hey presto the bag starts falling apart apart.

I have several camelbak bags and bladders and the bags have never broken unless worn out. Bladders, I warrantied a few without any challenge since it wasn't a case of product abuse

They still advertise the 'lifetime warranty' on CamelCrap .but just use wear and tear as the go to excuse I think.

I am going to have it sent back to me and will get a guy who does canvas work in the area to repair it...in hindsight I should have done this first. (At least the bag had a trip to CT in the last year!)...school fees!

Oh well...lesson learnt...Would like to try those Osprey bags next when I have some money to waste again on seems to be seen as a disposable item like an expensive backpack....although they also have a lifetime warranty.....lol.... :devil:

They still advertise the 'lifetime warranty' on CamelCrap .but just use wear and tear as the go to excuse I think.

I am going to have it sent back to me and will get a guy who does canvas work in the area to repair it...in hindsight I should have done this first. (At least the bag had a trip to CT in the last year!)...school fees!

Oh well...lesson learnt...Would like to try those Osprey bags next when I have some money to waste again on seems to be seen as a disposable item like an expensive backpack....although they also have a lifetime warranty.....lol.... :devil:

Honestly disagree. I have 2 camelbaks, yes they are on their 2nd bladders(replaced for free as per earlier post). But the reality is that both actual backpack parts are in perfect condition. One has done 4 years of national offroad motorbike racing, a few seasons of EWXC races and many many km of adventure racing. Packs are still in perfect shape even after a few very high speed bails and having 100kg bikes land on them. I hardly see them as cr@p. I also have a few osprey, salomon and other packs, my bets are you are going to ruin any of them.

Honestly disagree. I have 2 camelbaks, yes they are on their 2nd bladders(replaced for free as per earlier post). But the reality is that both actual backpack parts are in perfect condition. One has done 4 years of national offroad motorbike racing, a few seasons of EWXC races and many many km of adventure racing. Packs are still in perfect shape even after a few very high speed bails and having 100kg bikes land on them. I hardly see them as cr@p. I also have a few osprey, salomon and other packs, my bets are you are going to ruin any of them.

Things is it wasn't me who ruined it though....the stitching came away from the mounting point on the strap to the upper part of the bag...You can see where its all come away..

The bag is 4 years old in April....last year it was hardly used with lockdown and I also bought a second hand Camelbak hipbag in Aug which I prefer to use...Quite nice actually....eliminates a sweaty back and stretched cycling shirt pockets...

I have a 7 or 8 year old Lobo as well laying about, my first bag...The piping on the bottom section kinda sun rotted away and makes the zip hard to use so I bought this new one expecting the same kind of lifespan...I certainly dont' expect a lifetime of use but I do expect a certain value for money and 3 years just isn't it...I never have much money to waste and was taught to look after what I have and buy as good as you can so I try to buy decent branded products when I can afford it...

It seems for me the bladders outlast the bags! Now I have two.... :thumbup: 

Things is it wasn't me who ruined it though....the stitching came away from the mounting point on the strap to the upper part of the bag...You can see where its all come away..

The bag is 4 years old in April....last year it was hardly used with lockdown and I also bought a second hand Camelbak hipbag in Aug which I prefer to use...Quite nice actually....eliminates a sweaty back and stretched cycling shirt pockets...

I have a 7 or 8 year old Lobo as well laying about, my first bag...The piping on the bottom section kinda sun rotted away and makes the zip hard to use so I bought this new one expecting the same kind of lifespan...I certainly dont' expect a lifetime of use but I do expect a certain value for money and 3 years just isn't it...I never have much money to waste and was taught to look after what I have and buy as good as you can so I try to buy decent branded products when I can afford it...

It seems for me the bladders outlast the bags! Now I have two.... :thumbup: 

can you post a pic of the parts thats come away?