Fountains Circle / Attack

HP Venter

I was sprayed with pepper spray by two attackers today 28 March in George Storrar in an easterly direction just after Fountains Circle close to the Groenkloof Campus. Managed to get away. Take care please!

Unfortunate the reality we have to live with. Would never expect it going east from Fountains...

Glad you’re ok!

Oh jeeze. Last weekend I saw a guy on Facebook who had his phone stolen from his jersey pocket at that same spot.

I went up there yesterday super alert and nervous, guess that route is getting culled as well now.

Sorry to hear about your incident, but thankful you've gotten away!

The exact spot is right in line with the tennis courts on the Groenkloof Campus - the evasive swerve is clear on Garmin and Strava.

Becoming very balant on that piece of road. Can't ride there, up to the Voortrekker has been problematic in the past, even om Botha you have to be alert.

Glad you got away.

The exact spot is right in line with the tennis courts on the Groenkloof Campus - the evasive swerve is clear on Garmin and Strava.

S6kYu9O.png

I assume it's on that little kicker heading out past the circle?

Same spot the other guy had his cellphone expropriated. Perps just jumped over the armco fence and disappeared into the bushes.

S6kYu9O.png

I assume it's on that little kicker heading out past the circle?

Same spot the other guy had his cellphone expropriated. Perps just jumped over the armco fence and disappeared into the bushes.

Unfortunate the reality we have to live with. Would never expect it going east from Fountains...

Glad you’re ok!

I would. It is Pretoria...

Looks like the rubbish didnt move far away from Klapperkop

This is very *** news as this has been part of my route over weekends.

I usually go the opposite way though, then left through the circle to go to Klapperkop.

Used to commute daily past there in the mornings direction to the circle and then up Eeufees then into town.  Fairly obvious my commuting days were numbered.

Lol..Only 2 away from Venezuala...

Tells you something that does.... :thumbdown:

Look I do not for one second doubt that we rank rather high, but the quote below makes me question the numbers on that site

About Crime Indices At This Website

This section is based on surveys from visitors of this website.

honestly, please don't share fake news and worse fake stats like this.

Index based off surveys from visitors on this website. . . . . . .

Bias or skew from the sample population is rank in their "methodology".

The fact that half of Africa doesn't have access to their website or the literacy to fill it in is a big issue. There is nothing from official crime reporting

Geographical bias- they only classify 21 countries in Africa- 6 of which in SA. You telling me western Saharah, eastern DRC, Mozambique doesn't have worse crime?

I can't believe people believe this drivel. 

Look I do not for one second doubt that we rank rather high, but the quote below makes me question the numbers on that site

beat me to it.