Website update gremlins

40 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

@Nick & @Matt

I'm on a search to find events to plan for for the year. As I can seem to find a consolidated site that lists ALL/Most cycling races I though why not have a look at thehub, its should have most of the more popular events listed.

And here is where I picked up an issue, it will only show upcoming events, this is all good and well, but as we know these generally only get added closer to the time the event will happen, it wont allow me to look for events that happened in the past, say 2022.

I recently wanted to look up an event from earlier in 2022.  Was surprised that I could not find it via "Events".

Ride reports and other posts relating to the event gets lost this way.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it’s just me but when browsing on my iPhone on safari I cannot see any of the adverts at all

4 minutes ago, Furbz said:

Not sure if it’s just me but when browsing on my iPhone on safari I cannot see any of the adverts at all

We’ve had a few reports of similar issues following a recent site update.

Clearing your browser cache should resolve it.

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Had the same issure with Firefox , reinstalled and everthing was back to normal

11 hours ago, Matt said:

solved. thanks

When i open a thread in a new tab, the page is is reduced to a small font i can hardly read

is this a gremlin or a setting on my side ?- 

6 minutes ago, madmarc said:

When i open a thread in a new tab, the page is is reduced to a small font i can hardly read

is this a gremlin or a setting on my side ?- 

That's an odd one. Can you post (or DM me) a screenshot, please?

It could be a zoom setting on your browser. Is it zoomed out?

56 minutes ago, Nick said:

That's an odd one. Can you post (or DM me) a screenshot, please?

It could be a zoom setting on your browser. Is it zoomed out?

Let me play around with it a but more - It is zoomed out - I'll clear the cache and reboot my laptop which I haven't done in months

16 minutes ago, madmarc said:

Let me play around with it a but more - It is zoomed out - I'll clear the cache and reboot my laptop which I haven't done in months

Ctrl+0 to reset zoom to 100% (just in case)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have this article strangely sticking on my feed even if I "read" it. Should just be showing latest unread threads.

image.png.c0ed23875e2423be289b06271334316a.png

10 minutes ago, Gr3mlin131 said:

I have this article strangely sticking on my feed even if I "read" it. Should just be showing latest unread threads.

image.png.c0ed23875e2423be289b06271334316a.png

The Vuelta thread? We had a weird account necro that thread recently. The account was banned so maybe a bug in doing that somewhere. I'll go check it out.

Or the Go2berg thread?

I've been having endless issues with the website of late. Maybe it is the lack of sleep from the little one but I constantly have to find clever workarounds to make basic stuff work. Let me list the items that pokes the bear: 

1) I can't load photos onto my ads directly from my phone. My phone - Samsung galaxy S21 (something or other) takes quite good quality pics so size is an issue. I then email the pics to a laptop / pc to reduce the size before uploading. This is an unnecessary step but I have been doing it for quite some time now (even with the previous phone I had to do this - Samsung A51) 

2) This morning I've discovered that the extension Samsung now use for their photos are: .heic - this means I now have to use another camera or change the extention of every photo before uploading it - yet another work around for something that should be basic. 

3) The screen jumps on my phone i.e. every time I change from typing (keyboard) to pointer in the comments box the screen doesn't remain static, it jumps back to the top and the cursor drops at some random place. This happens if I want to add an emoji as well. It drops the emoji anywhere, mid sentence, at the beginning of the comment box, anywhere. I then can't delete it as it almost becomes a permanent item. Again, I then have to find a cute way of getting it off my screen and then add it to the correct place. 

4) Couldn't one always be able to start threads / topics from your phone? 

51 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I've been having endless issues with the website of late. Maybe it is the lack of sleep from the little one but I constantly have to find clever workarounds to make basic stuff work. Let me list the items that pokes the bear: 

1) I can't load photos onto my ads directly from my phone. My phone - Samsung galaxy S21 (something or other) takes quite good quality pics so size is an issue. I then email the pics to a laptop / pc to reduce the size before uploading. This is an unnecessary step but I have been doing it for quite some time now (even with the previous phone I had to do this - Samsung A51) 

2) This morning I've discovered that the extension Samsung now use for their photos are: .heic - this means I now have to use another camera or change the extention of every photo before uploading it - yet another work around for something that should be basic. 

3) The screen jumps on my phone i.e. every time I change from typing (keyboard) to pointer in the comments box the screen doesn't remain static, it jumps back to the top and the cursor drops at some random place. This happens if I want to add an emoji as well. It drops the emoji anywhere, mid sentence, at the beginning of the comment box, anywhere. I then can't delete it as it almost becomes a permanent item. Again, I then have to find a cute way of getting it off my screen and then add it to the correct place. 

4) Couldn't one always be able to start threads / topics from your phone? 

Seems jpeg is on the way out ....

Until then, go to the Gallery and return the settings to jpeg as default

Screenshot_20230610_074404_Chrome.jpg.a0b5f7b71e50b65e829c7f3d59a04cd1.jpg

Sorry, no idea about the other issues

Might be old news, but is it normal for the active topics to not save the filter of all content?

So articles and off topic stuff i haven't seen up until like 2 weeks ago wondering about the "i have an idea of new thread" thread

Screenshot_20230612_173316_Chrome~2.jpg