Tokyo Olympics: Non-Cycling

Shebeen

On 7/27/2021 at 7:17 PM, Shebeen said:

Crappiest job at the Olympics. South African water polo goalie. I hope they get PTSD counseling on arriving home

If anybody has a legit excuse to quit their team, it’s the SA waterpolo goalie. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to the swimming ladies!  We have two, Corbett & Schoenmaker, in the final of the 200 breaststroke.  Based on time Tatjana is head and shoulders above the rest, Corbett will battle to medal but she's in the final so she got a chance.

Edited by TheoG

1 hour ago, TheoG said:

Well done to the swimming ladies!  We have two, Corbett & Schoenmaker, in the final of the 200 breaststroke.  Based on time Tatjana is head and shoulders above the rest, Corbett will battle to medal but she's in the final so she got a chance.

Someone mentioned that the final is at 3h41 tomorrow morning... 

It's been a while since I had a good reason to wake up this early (2019 edition of 947), so let's do this! 

Edited by Vetplant
Corrected the time. Don't miss it

59 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Someone mentioned that the final is at 3h41 tomorrow morning... 

It's been a while since I had a good reason to wake up this early (2019 edition of 947), so let's do this! 

I going to try my best to get up but I'm not promising anything .... ????

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

That lass deserves a medal for tenacity. At some point it becomes a farce. 

I assume you talking about Kaylene Corbett?  Yes, I agree, I hope she get a medal.

For Tatjana, if she don't get gold I will be very surprised.  She was only 0.05 sec off the world record with her OR in the QF heat.

Edited by TheoG

1 hour ago, TheoG said:

I assume you talking about Kaylene Corbett?  Yes, I agree, I hope she get a medal.

For Tatjana, if she don't get gold I will be very surprised.  She was only 0.05 sec off the world record with her OR in the QF heat.

I've only watched her 100m final.

What I don't understand is that if she seems to be even better suited to the 200m, how did she tire and get overhauled in the 100m? Did the alaskan swim some bizarre negative split?

1 minute ago, Shebeen said:

I've only watched her 100m final.

What I don't understand is that if she seems to be even better suited to the 200m, how did she tire and get overhauled in the 100m? Did the alaskan swim some bizarre negative split?

Not sure, I missed the race.  100m is a "short all out effort", maybe bad reaction time or timing on the touch down.  She clearly said the 200m is her better event, lets hold thumbs.

1 minute ago, Shebeen said:

who's this then? Saskia Tidey GBR, currently leading the 49erFX womens ranking

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRl-aEor9lN/

on her insta you will find sailing, and lots of cyc;ling pics clearly part of the training regime, these are very physical boats to handle

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGHjVXrgCu7/

I done very little sailing in my life before but do recall it can be extremely physically demanding!

4 hours ago, Vetplant said:

YES! WR Swim! Our 1st gold for this edition of the Games! 

Yip, I called it, well done Tatjana!!!  As a fellow old UP student, it warms the heart.  That's what it take for a South African to medal, extraordinary individual brilliance.  Unfortunately the administrators and support are severely lacking.

Edited by TheoG

34 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Yip, I called it, well done Tatjana!!!  As a fellow old UP student, it warms the heart.  That's what it take for a South African to medal, extraordinary individual brilliance.  Unfortunately the the administrators and support are severely lacking.

She sounds like a wonderful person too. She was on the radio this morning and really impressed with her interview. 

So good to see when good people succeed.