Tokyo Olympics: Non-Cycling

Shebeen

3 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

As an aside, I think you're a McKec**** (not sure if one's allowed to say) and in the '80s I did quite a few surf trips with a Steven/Stephen McK.  I ask 'cos the surname is most uncommon and wondering if there's a connection?

You're right!

Funnily enough we are not related, but know the PE clan. Also not related to the weather lady Candice despite being asked all the time. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surf looks terrible for the final. Moore scoring 0.50 on her first wave. Bianca is being very patient.

47 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

You're right!

Funnily enough we are not related, but know the PE clan. Also not related to the weather lady Candice despite being asked all the time. 

Unusual given that it's a remarkable name. We'd turn up at Supers and Seal Point and Vic Bay and the Wild Coast in your namesake's black '48 Fleetline auto beast like this one and surf, living in it for DAYS. Hey, it was the '80's. 

Pls excuse the off-topic tangent, I'll stop.

chev.jpg

GO BIANCA!

Edited by justinafrika

34 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

Unusual given that it's a remarkable name. We'd turn up at Supers and Seal Point and Vic Bay and the Wild Coast in your namesake's black '48 Fleetline auto beast like this one and surf, living in it for DAYS. Hey, it was the '80's. 

chev.jpg

GO BIANCA!

Silver!

Yeah, I think there was some movement of the McKec's out of Scotland 75/80 years ago and all the cousins/brothers left on the same boat.

My grandfather, Dr John, was a bit of a nonce so I believe his relations excluded him a bit, so there is a chance we are all related somehow, but not immediate family.

I came across the PE clan in the 90s surfing too. Local PE boys kept asking if I was related to their local McKec and so on. hahaha

Anyway, SUPER STOKED Bianca got Silver. Having been off the tour since 2016 and apparently retiring from semi Pro Life after this. What a way to bow out!!!!

blitsbokke up in 30 minutes against argentina for 1/4 final.

need to get through this one, then face the winner of aus/FIJI

7 hours ago, justinafrika said:

chev.jpg

GO BIANCA!

I used to surf Vic Bay with Bianca's old man Colin back in the day. It was great to see him supporting her to become the fantastic surfer she is today. I remember her as this gangly little grom with arms and legs all over the show when she was running up and down the point road towards Rod Hossack's spot at the top of the point where everyone would jump in.

But the moment she paddled for her first wave you just knew she was onto something great and had a bright future ahead of her. Its so awesome to see the fulfilment of that career resulting in an Olympic medal. Colin would have been super proud of her. She must be missing him something fierce today.

indeed, GO BIANCA!

Edited by Robbie Stewart
getting her dad's name wrong - eish

35 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

blitsbokke up in 30 minutes against argentina for 1/4 final.

need to get through this one, then face the winner of aus/FIJI

surely we can't cock this up?

7-0 up and arg down to 6 with a red...yet we conceded already to tie it up

Just now, Shebeen said:

surely we can't cock this up?

7-0 up and arg down to 6 with a red...yet we conceded already to tie it up

7-14 in the break.

the biltzboks are not that blitz without senatla

Shocking display from our Rugby 7's side. Got thumbed by a 6 man Argentina side in the Quarters after their one player was red carded in the opening minutes of the first half.

8 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

Shocking display from our Rugby 7's side. Got thumbed by a 6 man Argentina side in the Quarters after their one player was red carded in the opening minutes of the first half.

Yip, pathetic performance !!!

8 minutes ago, babse said:

A proper k*k performance from the Blitz Bokke 

Yoh to lose to 6 men who were only 5 at one stage is proper disappointing.