The Women’s WorldTour: News, Updates, Chirps

'Dale

16 hours ago, 'Dale said:

The Niewiadoma group seemingly catching up on the lone rider in Vollering. Could be crucial on the final 7-8 kms of downhill-flat terrain. The flamboyant Danish jersey also there.

Ashleigh is 11 minutes behind the extraordinary Annemiek. I suspect this edition will invoke another 1-2 years or so of professional cycling for the South African based in Spain. I assume she is going for a win tomorrow being given the freedom by her team and taking it easy today?

14EB1EE7-C5F3-4038-A3A8-C7BDC15CF25E.jpeg

Looking back now, it’s probably the smarter move. I clearly underestimated Annemiek. That woman is a freaking cyborg and no one stood a chance. 

Ash will need to get into an early break and then hope Annemiek allows her to go. Somehow I feel like Annemiek will do the same thing she did yesterday and no one will stand a chance. However her legs may still be feeling it and it would be stupid to risk yellow and that plays into Ash’s hand. 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AvV is 39 years old and dominating the multistage format with such a massive margin. Yoh!

The fight for a step on the podium is gonna be hot today. Trek and FDJ will be very determined. The French contender in the 23 years what’s-her-name-now is also representing the home nation’s interests.  Go, Kasiaaa!

Ashleigh withdraws with illness. 😪 There’ll be tears on her pillow. This Tour de France Femmes is the Everest of women’s cycling. The highs and lows of sport. 

8C0C5BFA-A2A1-4EA5-9A71-440D11C28A6A.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

Kasia wanted a podium and she got it. It’ll be a big achievement for her. Who to challenge AvV other than retirement, eish?

No time trial with this edition. Maybe to nullify the capable Annemiek? Well, back to the drawing board for the organisers. 
Will Ashleigh return or hang up her wheels in peace? Hmmmm.

5025217A-246F-486A-8B81-6B65F9083EDD.jpeg

On 7/29/2022 at 10:23 AM, Bub Marley said:

She confirmed retirement herself at the end of this season.

She wanted to focus on her Rocacorba project and specifically Zwift racing. 

She will continue in 2023 

maybe with a new team

maybe on the same team

Edited by J Wakefield

2 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Am I seeing a new UAE Women's Team being hinted here...? 🧐

Well, she cannot retire and never being on Colnago/Campy. 

It's like dying and only had Casio, Spur, Koffiehuis, Toyotas and Margate all your life.