Stripping a steel frame

I got hold of a DHC of 60’s vintage with original wheels and other parts.

saw that it has been repainted badly and got a set of original decals from Ron Thompson.

BUT I can’t get the paint off , must have been powdercoated or something similar. Paint stripper does nothing and sand blasters phoned today to say they can’t get off .

any suggestions pse

thanks

Arno

Acid bath?

I think there is a company called DeRust out in big bay that does acid bath stuff for rust and paint etc.

Yes i think they were powder coated . That was my first racing bike in 1965 . A red DHC Super with Simplex derailleurs and Weinman  center pull brakes  .The paint never got scratched only chipped and you could then see the bare metal . Here is a good story to go with the DHC name in cycling and of coarse Basil Cohen . https://www.theheritageportal.co.za/article/racing-shadows-mine-dumps-black-african-cycle-sport-south-africas-gold-mines-apartheid-era

15 hours ago, FirstV8 said:

Yes i think they were powder coated . That was my first racing bike in 1965 . A red DHC Super with Simplex derailleurs and Weinman  center pull brakes  .The paint never got scratched only chipped and you could then see the bare metal . Here is a good story to go with the DHC name in cycling and of coarse Basil Cohen . https://www.theheritageportal.co.za/article/racing-shadows-mine-dumps-black-african-cycle-sport-south-africas-gold-mines-apartheid-era

Thank you for the article would not mind to get a copy of Basil Cohen’s autobiography .

My DHC has the Simplex levers and center pull Weinman brakes as well.