Jump to content

Winelands Regional Board - 9 ride areas on one bike board


Karakoram
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Tygerberg has a special on at the moment where you can get full membership for the club and a 50% reduction on the Winelands LOCAL board which means you get two boards for around R1500.00 or thereabouts. Final prices still to be confirmed.

image.png.32c5180b6e2f8c1f7e2222f9eab3682a.png

 

Robbie do you possibly know how much this would cost for kids ?  (Pretty sure we will get another club email shortly answering this and other questions)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Ad this is the conundrum .....

 

Like JBR I have not used those trails in the past ..... but with this multi-board .....

 

VERY tempting ....

 

 

Now to figure out how many of these "new trails" are kids friendly .... do I take out this multi-board for both Maritz and I ?  He DID like G-Spot !  Parking spots?  Damn, now I feel like a newbie all over again .... 

You can safely take Maritz to Banhoek, Plaisir (he will LOVE both of them. - who am I kidding, you will BOTH love them)...and Rhebokskloof is also safe for kids. There are some spots you might want to walk but you will see them well ahead of time.

Spice Route trails are also not kid-unfriendly.

Its hard to believe there's more out there than just the same old, same old each weekend, but once you go out and explore, be ready to be blown away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

 

Robbie do you possibly know how much this would cost for kids ?  (Pretty sure we will get another club email shortly answering this and other questions)

From what I can see, the Winelands fee is 550.00 per year if you extend the tygerberg membership. I am not sure what the kid fee is other than adding the 550.00 to the tygerberg relevant fee? Maybe they can give a family offer?

edit - seeing the below post by Menno Schagen it might make more sense to get Maritz his own >18 board at 300.00
This is somewhat confusing I'll freely admit. Perhaps go ride there one day this year and see if you like the trails and decide from there, but for me the 1500 is not a bad deal.

 

Edited by Robbie Stewart
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Trashy said:

Not sure where you saw that. If you go to the Winelands website, an adult membership is R1000 for the year.

They did reduce it to R750 from about July, but that was a half year discount.

This is what their website says, so perhaps its just the discounted rate, but very confusing

Local board

Allows for trail access on: A2Z (Grabouw) / Helderberg Farm /  Wine Lands Cycling Club. Membership  will be valid from 1 December 2021 to 31 December 2022. 

  • Adult 19 - 64 years - cost of annual membership R750

  • Junior Board < 18 years - cost of annual membership R300

  • Senior board > 65 years - cost of annual membership R500

  • Click here to join the club

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Menno Schagen said:

I did the maths and something does not add up.

Tygerberg mentions that you get the Winelands local membership at 50% off. then continues to say it costs R550.  But on the Winelands site, the local membership costs R750, so 50% off should be R375, not R550. Mmmmm 

mmmmmmmm

this is a valid question to ask then . . . which is it. 550.00 or 50% - can't be both at the same time.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

mmmmmmmm

this is a valid question to ask then . . . which is it. 550.00 or 50% - can't be both at the same time.

 

 

seems clear as mud at the moment .....

 

SURE the Tygerberg club will provide more detailed feedback shortly.  This IS a new function, and with that comes a miriad of questions .....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Menno Schagen said:

This is what their website says, so perhaps its just the discounted rate, but very confusing

Local board

Allows for trail access on: A2Z (Grabouw) / Helderberg Farm /  Wine Lands Cycling Club. Membership  will be valid from 1 December 2021 to 31 December 2022. 

 

  • Adult 19 - 64 years - cost of annual membership R750

  • Junior Board < 18 years - cost of annual membership R300

  • Senior board > 65 years - cost of annual membership R500

  • Click here to join the club

 

This is all very confusing. But I don't believe you have the correct Local board. This is for the Winelands Cycling Club. - https://www.winelandscyclingclub.co.za/membership-permits

The correct Local board is for the Winelands Trails  - https://winelandstrails.com/ - completely different website.

Its a mess. But the one with the Tygerberg discount is the Winelands Trails version, which costs R1000 normally. Although 50% of R1000 is also not R550.

Anyway, I won't be making use of the discount as it doesn't include Jonkershoek. If you ride Jonkers often it makes more sense to just get the regional permit if you want access to all the other trails too. 

Edited by Rock Guy
fixed a multitude of typos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Menno Schagen said:

This is what their website says, so perhaps its just the discounted rate, but very confusing

Local board

Allows for trail access on: A2Z (Grabouw) / Helderberg Farm /  Wine Lands Cycling Club. Membership  will be valid from 1 December 2021 to 31 December 2022. 

 

  • Adult 19 - 64 years - cost of annual membership R750

  • Junior Board < 18 years - cost of annual membership R300

  • Senior board > 65 years - cost of annual membership R500

  • Click here to join the club

 

Please add the link, when I checked their site it showed R1000. I'll buy next year's board now if it's only R750.

 

Nvm. Just saw Rock Guy's explanation above.

Edited by Trashy
Edit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

You can safely take Maritz to Banhoek, Plaisir (he will LOVE both of them. - who am I kidding, you will BOTH love them)...and Rhebokskloof is also safe for kids. There are some spots you might want to walk but you will see them well ahead of time.

Spice Route trails are also not kid-unfriendly.

Its hard to believe there's more out there than just the same old, same old each weekend, but once you go out and explore, be ready to be blown away.

 

Had to go look .... 2017 we had our year end function at Rheeboksloof.  Couple of us went earlier, had a lekka ride, a shower and then the work function.

 

Maritz was 6 years old then, and ENJOYED the short route.  If memory serves me right we did two loops of it.

 

Rhebok-16.jpg.c4287086cc2c7d644650c6cc9cc22535.jpg

 

Rhebok-21.jpg.a0bf129ff511ce2ee56e1fb1a020f88c.jpg

 

Safe parking, a nice restaurant for the Boss to relax while we ride .... 

 

 

Edited by ChrisF
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

 

Had to go look .... 2017 we had our year end function at Rheeboksloof.  Couple of us went earlier, had a lekka ride, a shower and then the work function.

 

Maritz was 6 years old then, and ENJOYED the short route.  If memory serves me right we did two loops of it.

 

Rhebok-16.jpg.c4287086cc2c7d644650c6cc9cc22535.jpg

 

Rhebok-21.jpg.a0bf129ff511ce2ee56e1fb1a020f88c.jpg

 

Safe parking, a nice restaurant for the Boss to relax while we ride .... 

 

 

The lower section is great for kids, and their restaurant/picnic lawn is one of the nicest places around.

The Red and Black routes have some decent climbs with very loose, hard trails on the side of the mountain.

All very do-able with caution if not technically confident.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Rock Guy said:

This is all very confusing. But I don't believe you have the correct Local board. This is for the Winelands Cycling Club. - https://www.winelandscyclingclub.co.za/membership-permits

The correct Local board is for the Winelands Trails  - https://winelandstrails.com/ - completely different website.

Its a mess. But the one with the Tygerberg discount is the Winelands Trails version, which costs R1000 normally. Although 50% of R1000 is also not R550.

Anyway, I won't be making use of the discount as it doesn't include Jonkershoek. If you ride Jonkers often it makes more sense to just get the regional permit if you want access to all the other trails too. 

The R1000 is for 2021 membership. It's probably going up next year.

There are two local boards, one for Winelands Cycling Club (previously known as Wannabees) and one for Winelands Trails. There are no overlaps on the trails that each can access.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

 

Had to go look .... 2017 we had our year end function at Rheeboksloof.  Couple of us went earlier, had a lekka ride, a shower and then the work function.

 

Maritz was 6 years old then, and ENJOYED the short route.  If memory serves me right we did two loops of it.

 

Rhebok-16.jpg.c4287086cc2c7d644650c6cc9cc22535.jpg

 

Rhebok-21.jpg.a0bf129ff511ce2ee56e1fb1a020f88c.jpg

 

Safe parking, a nice restaurant for the Boss to relax while we ride .... 

 

 

can't wait for my little one to ride her own bike on the trails 🤘

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HenryS said:

The R1000 is for 2021 membership. It's probably going up next year.

There are two local boards, one for Winelands Cycling Club (previously known as Wannabees) and one for Winelands Trails. There are no overlaps on the trails that each can access.

 

Is there possibly a map that shows the different trails for each of these clubs ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

 

Is there possibly a map that shows the different trails for each of these clubs ?

No map as such, unless you look at Trailforks. 

Here's a list of all the boards.

Winelands Cycling Club local board - R750
A2Z (Grabouw)
Helderberg Farm
Wine Lands Cycling Club trails

Winelands Trails local board - R550 For Tygerberg members
Paarl Adventure Trails (Specialized Trail Zone, Rhebokskloof, Spice Route, Diamant Estate, Laborie, Paarl Reserve)
Banhoek Conservancy (Old Bethlehem, Plasir de Merle, Boschendal, Bartinney)
Wellington (Wild Boar Trails, Scouts)
Franschhoek Trails.

One regional board sold by the cycling club - R1500
All of the above
Jonkershoek


All I can think of that's excluded is Bottelary and Muratie.


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

 

seems clear as mud at the moment .....

 

SURE the Tygerberg club will provide more detailed feedback shortly.  This IS a new function, and with that comes a miriad of questions .....

 

Afternoon - sorry if I missed some answers here already.  The discounted rate (R550) we negotiated for our club members and available as a "top up" to their normal TMTBC membership, are for the Winelands LOCAL permit for 2022, which will have a normal price for non TMTBC members of R1000.   

https://winelandstrails.com/shop/annual-permits/adult-membership/

 

 

 

Screenshot_20211124-184402_Chrome.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

My Profile My Forum Content My Followed Content Forum Settings Ad Messages My Ads My Favourites My Saved Alerts My Pay Deals Settings Help Logout