Winelands Regional Board - 9 ride areas on one bike board

Karakoram

7 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Afternoon - sorry if I missed some answers here already.  The discounted rate (R550) we negotiated for our club members and available as a "top up" to their normal TMTBC membership, are for the Winelands LOCAL permit for 2022, which will have a normal price for non TMTBC members of R1000.   

https://winelandstrails.com/shop/annual-permits/adult-membership/

Screenshot_20211124-184402_Chrome.jpg

Would be nice if Nicky could confirm the kids rates as well in the next email.

The list in HenriS post might be handy to some club members. (Or some of it...)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Would be nice if Nicky could confirm the kids rates as well in the next email.

The list in HenriS post might be handy to some club members. (Or some of it...)

The Agreement reached was only for the adult memberships @ R550, for the Winelands LOCAL permit, and as such the only one available to our (TMTBC) members - this membership can be used by adults and kids alike (if you want to do the order via TMTBC).

One would of course be able to buy a kids membership directly with / from Winelands Trails, which will be R400. Note this will be a membership (kids) directly with Winelands Trails and you will liaise / order directly with them herein, and arrange to collect directly from them. 

Edited by The Captain

1 minute ago, The Captain said:

The Agreement reached was only for the adult memberships @ R550, for the Winelands LOCAL permit, and as such the only one available to our (TMTBC) members.

One would of course be able to buy a kids membership directly with / from Winelands Trails, which will be R400. Note this will be a membership (kids) directly with Winelands Trails and you will liaise / order directly with them herein, and arrange to collect directly from them. 

Thank you for all the hard work in putting this together.

6 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Had to go look .... 2017 we had our year end function at Rheeboksloof.  Couple of us went earlier, had a lekka ride, a shower and then the work function.

Maritz was 6 years old then, and ENJOYED the short route.  If memory serves me right we did two loops of it.

Rhebok-16.jpg.c4287086cc2c7d644650c6cc9cc22535.jpg

Rhebok-21.jpg.a0bf129ff511ce2ee56e1fb1a020f88c.jpg

Safe parking, a nice restaurant for the Boss to relax while we ride .... 

I rode there in 2019 and there were showers then too . . . which is a HUGE win for me driving all the way from Sunningdale. I do not enjoy driving home all sweaty. There are some stonker climbs at Rhebokskloof and the trail (then) was very fun and nothing over the top techy. Maritz being a spritely 10 y.o. now, or there abouts, should have no issue if you don't stonk it up the hills striking matches. 

Come to think of it I am just talking myself into a ride there again once my ankle is over its drama...

The view from the top is worth the effort and quite rewarding.

Edited by Robbie Stewart

As a TMTBC member - if they can add the following 2 things my mtb life would be perfect

- Add Bottelary to the top up option (I assume politics preventing this for now 🙄)

- Implement one day pass for all the Tygerberg trails - the current pay for each farm separately & member-only corridors makes it an absolute pain to invite friends from outside the area to do a proper ride.