Are SA cyclists going international?

snah2

Yolandi Du Toit: Silence lotto ladies team

Louise Murphy: Giant pro ladies team (as of next year)

and alot of others that dont pop into mind just yet

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then there are  the individual riders sponsoring themselves to race in Europe

Shaun Davel.. Team "Amore Vita" Italy

Same team Ryan Cox got his start overseas onClap

Same team Ryan Cox got his start overseas onClap

And James Perry

Raynold Smith.. Dutch Team
Ruan Benson.. Germany
Peter-Lee Jefferies.. "Litubel Forte Dore". Belgium

There must be more we don't know of...

Ruan is in the Netherlands. Raynold rides for Cycle Collstrop, which is quite a big team, just slightly smaller than Barloworld but also a Pro Continental team. Henning Jooste is also racing some crits in Belgium at the moment and so is David Maree.

Hey, and that other oke from the hub was racing in the US the other day... what's his name? spoke something?

Phen, thanks for the info.... I actually did hear that, but it was not what I was expecting....  great event this year, deserves the status.

Yolandi du Toit rode the Grande Boucle Internationale Feminine (ladies version of TdF) last month.  She is currently training in the Alps, and will be riding 2 stage events this month.  She rides for Lotto Belisol.

Arien Torsius rides currently for Team Cmax Dila working for the world champ at the Giro. Last year she also did the Tour the France version.

One of the tours Yolandi is also doing is the Tour the Limousin which is a big one on the ladies calender.

Then there is couple other female cyclists that rides in europe for clubs or smaller teams but can't remember there names, if someone can help me out here...

What is great from the answers is that it is obvious that we are climbing the international ladder from various angles and that it should open up more opportunities for SA riders in the future!

I see Barry Austin was also voted the best manager at the Tour de Korea-Japan by the other managers and commissaires.

Are we slowly making a mark?

YES....

• 2 months later...

................ Raynold rides for Cycle Collstrop' date=' which is quite a big team, just slightly smaller than Barloworld but also a Pro Continental team. Henning Jooste is also racing some crits in Belgium at the moment and so is David Maree.
[/quote']

I see Raynold is getting himself noticed.  No wins yet, but at least some column inches!

Hope your Flemish is OK...

Wouter Weylandt (Quick Step) heeft dinsdag de jubileumeditie, de 20ste uitgave, van de Omloop van de Vlaamse Scheldeboorden (1.1) met start in Lokeren en aankomst na 197 kilometer in Kruibeke gewonnen.

blah, blah, blah..

De nieuwe startplaats Lokeren inspireerde de renners om vanaf de eerste wedstrijdkilometers meteen flink door te trekken. Na amper zes kilometer koers ging de Fransman Cedric Pineau even voor de grote groep uitrijden. De renner van Ag2r kreeg wat verderop het gezelschap van zijn land -en teamgenoot Stephane Poulhies, de Nederlanders Aart Vierhouten, Addy Engels met Joost Van Leijen, de Zuid-Afrikaan Raynold Smith, de Sloveen Gregor Gazvoda en de Duitser Frank Dressler.