Strava - Your Year in Sport

The Ouzo

1 hour ago, Spinnekop said:

Strava says 168 355m
So not so much as I wanted but good enough for the highveld.  I try to keep it at 3000m per week.

Another cool stat:
I map each week that I have been sick for the past 10 years.
You can see then by way of pattern what weeks are "dangerous" and you can try and avoid people and germs and etc etc.
Week 6-9 and week 31-34 are danger zones.......

1.jpg

A change of seasons perhaps? Something I suffer a similar fate too. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Roul said:

To deviate a slight but from the thread, how do you capture sick periods/days etc (I assume excel)? Would have loved if Strava had a manual entry option to note flu or whatever...

For me, I add notes in TrainingPeaks and Intervals.icu

73B7D322-F31F-4812-BF22-92917466FB95.jpeg.7cb3a29bd7808dc8ed21e06c62b0e6e0.jpeg

• 11 months later...
On 1/2/2023 at 5:12 PM, 'Dale said:

I definitely want to roll 300 in one ride this year. Preferably solo. 🐫

sooo did you cope?

3 hours ago, babse said:

sooo did you cope?

Did you pass through Sea Point at 07:30ish this morning?

Longest ride was 160, @babse

Usually solo a 200 km in the week of my birthday. Didn’t do the Argus. Or even seen the mountains of Europe, which is an annual adventure. Did cover some commuter miles in SwissLand and a week in the Northern California hills - blessed.

Had to refocus my 2023 energies and focus on family, my business and international travel. Never a dull moment.

Still kopkrapping over my 2024 aspirations and dreams. Hmmm.

Did achieve this double for the first time and have never lifted  as many weights ever in one calendar year:

IMG_4780.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

It would have been cool to see how many kilos commuting was done and how much "CO2 saved" by doing so during the year.

I can’t get my year in sport from Strava anymore, keeps wanting me to subscribe, even though at the beginning of December I could get a very basic version

22 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

I can’t get my year in sport from Strava anymore, keeps wanting me to subscribe, even though at the beginning of December I could get a very basic version

Do you use Garmin ?

Garmin Connect, on your pc has all your data under "Reports"

On 1/4/2023 at 3:09 PM, Roul said:

To deviate a slight but from the thread, how do you capture sick periods/days etc (I assume excel)? Would have loved if Strava had a manual entry option to note flu or whatever...

I track them as notes in trainingpeaks for coach so he knows why it is all red

On 1/4/2023 at 3:03 PM, Spinnekop said:

Strava says 168 355m
So not so much as I wanted but good enough for the highveld.  I try to keep it at 3000m per week.

Another cool stat:
I map each week that I have been sick for the past 10 years.
You can see then by way of pattern what weeks are "dangerous" and you can try and avoid people and germs and etc etc.
Week 6-9 and week 31-34 are danger zones.......

1.jpg

Interesting to check for danger weeks, now I am diving through my data to find my danger week. Turns out it is the week between christmas and new years. I blame being social...

On 1/4/2023 at 4:42 PM, Frosty said:

For me, I add notes in TrainingPeaks and Intervals.icu

73B7D322-F31F-4812-BF22-92917466FB95.jpeg.7cb3a29bd7808dc8ed21e06c62b0e6e0.jpeg

So for analytics trainingpeaks will allow you to export to excel. Then you reference a master excel from powerbi/google notebooks and build your monitoring dash and analytics there. I have exported the last 5 years now into a single book and every few months or before/after big events. I just dump the latest data into the master excel. It is over analyses of the highest order, but it is also just who I am and what my professional skillset encompasses. I would screenshot but I am far from the pc with that dashboard on it.

What is good is that I have running totals avaialble for time and distance compared to the same date previous years and breakdowns and waterfalls with dominant sport. basically I have the year in sport as a running total.

But for the threads sake, it was a good year with 45/45/10 run cycle paddle split. Even better knowing there was 6 weeks with nearly no training after ARWC...

image.png.a0c8c9278ac8ad083d6680b2f7cb7fb4.png

27 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Do you use Garmin ?

Garmin Connect, on your pc has all your data under "Reports"

Statshunters has it too, and you can drill down into it better than garmin

1 hour ago, dave303e said:

So for analytics trainingpeaks will allow you to export to excel.

Almost all of Intervals.icu data can be linked into Excel, and simply updated using the refresh button (F9). The API has allowed a lot more automation.

A pretty mixed year - mostly pretty decent, but had a fair bit off the bike thanks to knee issues and illness which derailed training somewhat. Started running with the intention of doing a 50km trail race in June 2024, despite never having run more than 20kms before, but pretty much everything fell apart in November and December thanks to my knee and euro flu.

Here's hoping that 2024 is a bit of a fresh start.

image.jpeg.3ed0c4ea6620c13d1c9799baf2113b8e.jpeg

13 hours ago, Frosty said:

Almost all of Intervals.icu data can be linked into Excel, and simply updated using the refresh button (F9). The API has allowed a lot more automation.

will have to look into this a bit more, thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 5:51 PM, Frosty said:

boy oh boy what a game changer. Thank you for this

6 minutes ago, dave303e said:

boy oh boy what a game changer. Thank you for this

I think David Tinker  does not get enough credit for the brilliant product that he has created in intervals.icu .

And the fact that none of it is behind a paywall (yet) is amazing.

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

I think David Tinker  does not get enough credit for the brilliant product that he has created in intervals.icu .

And the fact that none of it is behind a paywall (yet) is amazing.

I showed the website to a Colleague/Friend of mine yesterday. He was absolutely flabbergasted at the amount of features on it. We are really spoilt. It is my absolute go-to platform for planning and progress evaluation.