eBike service

Sepia

After +5000kms on my home fitted motor I thought it was time for a service.  Still looks new inside although a tad dry.

What I like about this motor-

Easy peasy to install and service

Much cheaper than buying an eBike

Customisable - extra distance on the battery

No need for extras to make a new bike suit your needs

Fit, charge and ride.

IMG-20211230-WA0000.jpg

IMG_0005.JPG

Yo ... do you have a break down of how you built up the bike at all please?

And how does a person that works with things "Unda Da Sea" have the tech skills to put this together :P

2 hours ago, Sepia said:

After +5000kms on my home fitted motor I thought it was time for a service.  Still looks new inside although a tad dry.

What I like about this motor-

Easy peasy to install and service

Much cheaper than buying an eBike

Customisable - extra distance on the battery

No need for extras to make a new bike suit your needs

Fit, charge and ride.

IMG-20211230-WA0000.jpg

IMG_0005.JPG

Can you give more detail on the motor please?

13 minutes ago, Quagga said:

Can you give more detail on the motor please?

500W Truckrun motor WITHOUT all the paraphernalia (boost, clutch thingy, windy-windy, hooter, usb, compass. drinks holder etc,,etc etc, etc)  Plain simple motor with most basic controller and with 9 power stages which have been set right down to the lowest I was told.

Graham at eBike Cafe in Jhb.  Tried the Squirrel guys in your area but they are either too busy or were not prepared to help. Garvin only interested in new bike sales which meant I would forfeit my expensive seatpost and stem/bars, thumbies.  So much cheaper to convert your own bike and keep existing components instead of having parts and wheels etc included and then lying about afterwards.

Biggest problem is your BB width.  Once you know that and the ID, you can order spacers if need be.  Ebike worked that all out for me based on photos.

The rest is plain and simple. Really it is! Tips - big enough spanner to tighten BB lock ring, HD rubber under motor against frame (if needed)  Gear cable routed through a piece of outer cable to prevent squashing, have the motor tuned down and definitely fit a 36T NW Lekkie ring as this saves motor, legs and allows more distance/charge, more spokes in the rear wheel  (torque), fabricate a DECENT mounting bracket on the frame to hold the battery and secure with a strap for extra safety = rivnut.

One of the best  experiences I have had whilst cycling.  I have seen places I would never seen only because I am on an ebike.  I am able to go the extra mile and see what is on the other side of the hill and not worry about the effort involved. 

My opinion anyway.  Contact me if you need more info.  

Just do it!  You will thank me later.

45 minutes ago, Sepia said:

Graham at eBike Cafe in Jhb.  Tried the Squirrel guys in your area but they are either too busy or were not prepared to help. Garvin only interested in new bike sales which meant I would forfeit my expensive seatpost and stem/bars, thumbies.  So much cheaper to convert your own bike and keep existing components instead of having parts and wheels etc included and then lying about afterwards.

Biggest problem is your BB width.  Once you know that and the ID, you can order spacers if need be.  Ebike worked that all out for me based on photos.

The rest is plain and simple. Really it is! Tips - big enough spanner to tighten BB lock ring, HD rubber under motor against frame (if needed)  Gear cable routed through a piece of outer cable to prevent squashing, have the motor tuned down and definitely fit a 36T NW Lekkie ring as this saves motor, legs and allows more distance/charge, more spokes in the rear wheel  (torque), fabricate a DECENT mounting bracket on the frame to hold the battery and secure with a strap for extra safety = rivnut.

One of the best  experiences I have had whilst cycling.  I have seen places I would never seen only because I am on an ebike.  I am able to go the extra mile and see what is on the other side of the hill and not worry about the effort involved. 

My opinion anyway.  Contact me if you need more info.  

Just do it!  You will thank me later.

Some Pitchas of the overall bike please?

6 hours ago, Hairy said:

@Sepia please take a few steps back and post a pic of the bike fully assembled. 

I'm not sure what I'm looking at...confused...

On 1/2/2022 at 2:26 PM, Sepia said:

Graham at eBike Cafe in Jhb.  Tried the Squirrel guys in your area but they are either too busy or were not prepared to help. Garvin only interested in new bike sales which meant I would forfeit my expensive seatpost and stem/bars, thumbies. 

Snip

I have been trying to get hold of eBike for days now. Phone give engaged tone

Does anyone know where else in SA one can buy these motorers?

I see Befang also does a very nice 750/1000 w motor but I dont feel like importing as the warrenty is always an issue

2 minutes ago, Quagga said:

I have been trying to get hold of eBike for days now. Phone give engaged tone

Does anyone know where else in SA one can buy these motorers?

I see Befang also does a very nice 750/1000 w motor but I dont feel like importing as the warrenty is always an issue

Chilled Squirrel has all the parts you need.

Worth checking with Knipe_Racing as well.

I know Mark's Workshop is waiting for e.bike conversion stock .... should have been here already.

25 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

I know Mark's Workshop is waiting for e.bike conversion stock .... should have been here already.

Thanks

I have contacted Chilled Squirrel but no response

Will see if Mark has stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There , Chilled Squirrel Here 😊 , kindly note that we were closed until 10th January which is why you could not get hold of us . So sorry for the inconvenience. Our Tel # 0214470304 and email info@chilledsquirrel.com Thank you 

On 1/6/2022 at 10:10 AM, ChrisF said:

Thanks a lot for thinking of us ChrisF .