2022 Annual MTB Permits

wolver

I tried to find all the annual MTB permit options close to Cape Town to weigh up which are worth getting, so thought I'd share. It may not be an exhaustive list so feel free to add any that I have missed. 

image.png.77a1385100d7dd1cde8cdb6571651320.png

Edited by wolver

The TMNP activity permit and the Jonkers family memberships are the absolute best value :) So much trail for your money it's incredible and the variety is unmatched.

Thanks for the spreadsheet...I love a good tabulation of data ;)

that R380 for the TMNP activity permit is assuming you have 4 friends to join with you. A single is R660.

The MTO Jonkers price, is that the single or family price? and does that only cover Jonkers? what about MTO Garden route ?

Otherwise excellent table 

12 hours ago, YaseenEnos said:

that R380 for the TMNP activity permit is assuming you have 4 friends to join with you. A single is R660.

The MTO Jonkers price, is that the single or family price? and does that only cover Jonkers? what about MTO Garden route ?

I mean if you don't have three other friends to share then life is rough dude :P 

The MTO Jonkers is Jonkers alone and is a single person permit. The family permit usually covering 4 people is R1300 and you can tag on additional people at a discounted rate (last year as many as you like...but they changed the pricing this year so not sure what else would have changed).

Edited by Thermophage

15 minutes ago, Thermophage said:

I mean if you don't have three other friends to share then life is rough dude :P 

LOL

crying-crying-inside.gif.98297baf91ddb76977d04dc934722c9c.gif

12 hours ago, YaseenEnos said:

I mentioned in the line for the TNMP activity permit that it is based on the 4 person deal. Its a no brainer to do it like that rather than pay R660.... even if you don't have friends the Bike Park at Uitsig will find 3 people for you.

MTO is the single price, couldn't work out if that include Grabouw (maybe even Garden Route?) and Jonkers so maybe someone who has one can confirm?

Great table. Paul cluver website says it's trails are closed except for organised mtb events which is a loss I feel. 

The TGmtb plus wine lands local on my bike... Both boards with the TGmtb one velcrod on to the wine lands. 

And I'll spring for tokai too. 

It's going to be a good year of mtb riding. 

9 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Great table. Paul cluver website says it's trails are closed except for organised mtb events which is a loss I feel. 

The TGmtb plus wine lands local on my bike... Both boards with the TGmtb one velcrod on to the wine lands. 

And I'll spring for tokai too. 

It's going to be a good year of mtb riding. 

That is a real shame about Paul Cluver, I enjoyed those trails and nice to link them up with Oak Valley. Could also explain why it was hard to find up to date info.

• 1 year later...
On 1/6/2022 at 9:31 AM, wolver said:

I mentioned in the line for the TNMP activity permit that it is based on the 4 person deal. Its a no brainer to do it like that rather than pay R660.... even if you don't have friends the Bike Park at Uitsig will find 3 people for you.

MTO is the single price, couldn't work out if that include Grabouw (maybe even Garden Route?) and Jonkers so maybe someone who has one can confirm?

Did bikepark uitzig charge admin fee for facilitating the tokai permit before?

They charging R70 now, can't recall if it was always the case.

Not that I mind the admin fee, just clarifying 

14 hours ago, MajG said:

Did bikepark uitzig charge admin fee for facilitating the tokai permit before?

They charging R70 now, can't recall if it was always the case.

Not that I mind the admin fee, just clarifying 

think it's new. but in my opinion totally justified.