UCI DH World Cup 2022 Season

Hairy

15 minutes ago, tinmug said:

... or did they discover alchemy with the Intense prototype. Both Gwin and Norton have abruptly 'found form' with the new frame. Seems unlikely to be a coincidence me thinks.

Wouldn't DH be fun to have:

1. One unusual race per season: somewhere strange in the Third World for example
  2. One uphill race per season
  3. Two race runs per event: one on your team bike, a second run on a one-design bike

1 yes 

2 yes , i think these oaks are so fit it will be genuinely entertaining

3 Everyone would want to change tyres , sus setup , brake sides ; bute point : brand etc

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The juniors were impressive 4 of them in the top ten times for the day. Granted it was early in the day so the track would have run faster.

54 minutes ago, porqui said:

The juniors were impressive 4 of them in the top ten times for the day. Granted it was early in the day so the track would have run faster.

Where do you see the junior races ?

13 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Where do you see the junior races ?

Not available live just bits and pieces here and there.

14 hours ago, porqui said:

Yep, Goldstone has raised the bar. Fastest time of all the riders on the day but obviously on a less destroyed track. I remember watching him as a tiny kid riding ridiculously well around Whistler. He is going to shake the elite field up hugely in a year or so.

• 2 weeks later...

That was a wild race with great riding on display. I think the riders are probably looking forward to MSA which is comparatively tame and better known than the wet Snowshoe. 

I went through a phase earlier this year and hated the sound of Warner but he outdid himself especially on the DH this time round. I am going to miss his commentary hugely and I think the new media people are going to battle to fill his shoes. 

7 minutes ago, Headshot said:

That was a wild race with great riding on display. I think the riders are probably looking forward to MSA which is comparatively tame and better known than the wet Snowshoe. 

I went through a phase earlier this year and hated the sound of Warner but he outdid himself especially on the DH this time round. I am going to miss his commentary hugely and I think the new media people are going to battle to fill his shoes. 

Found this for the Warner commentary gold at the very end, and then remembered how good the whole run was.  

On 8/2/2022 at 2:59 PM, Headshot said:

That was a riding master class and that 26er looks like a perfect fit for Danny. 

Fits him like a 29'er fits Minnnaarrrrrr

On that topic, I am pitting Mr Min for a Win or a top 3 this weekend.

16 hours ago, Hairy said:

Fits him like a 29'er fits Minnnaarrrrrr

On that topic, I am pitting Mr Min for a Win or a top 3 this weekend.

I was thinking that the Giant DH  was on was a reasonable frame size - quite long compared to what we saw other people on. GM is on record as saying the frame dimensions are as or more important than wheel size.

I'm rooting for Bernard K to win. Fastest in timed training by 3 secs over Finn. Min in 3rd around 5 back.

41 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I was thinking that the Giant DH  was on was a reasonable frame size - quite long compared to what we saw other people on. GM is on record as saying the frame dimensions are as or more important than wheel size.

Greg is also on record saying this recently

image.png.eca06b3b74f74a470b1e29d054ed0381.png

Edited by Hairy
more info