UCI DH World Cup 2022 Season

Hairy

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great event and saturation coverage thanks to RB and PB. A tough track many didn't even qualify on. GM's oversteer in the wall ride corner was bizarre but quite cool - he got back on track pretty swiftly and came 41st eventually. 

On 6/12/2022 at 11:46 AM, tinmug said:

Marine Cabirou broke three vertebra in her tumble yesterday. Broken back, again. 🤕

Hope she heels soon and comes back to racing. 

That was a very sudden slam into the ground. She's had rather bad luck the last few seasons...

• 4 weeks later...

Great afternoons racing today. A positive 3rd place for Greg. Bummed that Finn didn't get his first win but Armoury was on another level. 

As for the ladies, Miriam was also on another level even if cami me no mistakes she still wouldn't have been a match for Myriam today

Bummed for Norton. He seems like a genuinely nice chap who puts in the work but never has the luck go his way. Glad that Greg had a solid run, showing the youngsters how to do it 

42 minutes ago, Stretch said:

Just not got results

Shooting off that wall and missing the poles (previous race) did not help his cause .... did not realise the points penalty is that high 

10 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Shooting off that wall and missing the poles (previous race) did not help his cause .... did not realise the points penalty is that high 

Yeah.. He's had some terrible luck in both racing end qualifying. Let's hope he's on the right trajectory

Pierron, what a BOSS ... the way he finds split seconds, look how he jumps the final corner pole so that he does not need to go slightly around it

image.png.1e380a0cfc16f1434d114a960225dbc2.png

8 hours ago, Hairy said:

Pierron, what a BOSS ... the way he finds split seconds, look how he jumps the final corner pole so that he does not need to go slightly around it

image.png.1e380a0cfc16f1434d114a960225dbc2.png

He learnt that from the old man: Greg did that last year at Lenzerheide. 😉

That was an awesome weekend of MTB - DH and XCO. Chris Philogene managed a 52nd spot and was the only other Saffer in it after GM. The run of the day was Miriam Nicole - only 24secs off the fastest man and 4.5 better than CB. Amazing. Lovely clean racing and happy faces afterwards unlike the win at all costs display of bad judgment and aggro in the men's XCO. 

Is Gwinnnnn remembering how to ride a DH bike again, I see he is sitting at 11th for this weekends race

image.png.18b0dbd523c4d8a93b0efbe4f56e26dd.png