UCI DH World Cup 2022 Season

Hairy

2 hours ago, Meezo said:

He makes mention of it when chatting to Tahnee

Who in my opinion was a bit dry in that interview

Maybe she was offended by the pink tannus in her face?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping GM pulls off another amazing win. Seems concussion is an issue people are taking more seriously these days with TS and FI both out while recovering from head bangs. MN however seems to be over hers and is racing. A friend of mine who emigrated to the UK is going to watch live...

4 hours ago, Headshot said:

I'm hoping GM pulls off another amazing win. Seems concussion is an issue people are taking more seriously these days with TS and FI both out while recovering from head bangs. MN however seems to be over hers and is racing. A friend of mine who emigrated to the UK is going to watch live...

Thats a nice drive up to Fort William. Took me about 5hrs from Chester so easy 8-9 from within the M25.

Concussion is an injury that is gaining more focus as the long terms effects are better understood. If not handles appropriately and treated the long term effects are anything from loss of fine motor control, memory loss to Alzheimers. There was a movie based on the life of a gridiron player who suffered multiple concussions over a period and this lead to loss of motor control and his career. I think he sued the NFL for negligence because apparently doctors were warning teams and the NFL about the longer term effects and impact of players health and these were ignored, scoffed at even.

3 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Thats a nice drive up to Fort William. Took me about 5hrs from Chester so easy 8-9 from within the M25.

Concussion is an injury that is gaining more focus as the long terms effects are better understood. If not handles appropriately and treated the long term effects are anything from loss of fine motor control, memory loss to Alzheimers. There was a movie based on the life of a gridiron player who suffered multiple concussions over a period and this lead to loss of motor control and his career. I think he sued the NFL for negligence because apparently doctors were warning teams and the NFL about the longer term effects and impact of players health and these were ignored, scoffed at even.

Concussion is a monster less understood. I suffered a major knock back in 2016 and to this day I still have post concussive issues. Strangely enough the worst of it hits when I'm washing the dishes. Somehow my mind does not want to deal with running the tap while trying to save water, while packing the zinc and cleaning off the gunk from the plates. I end up sploshed with water and frustrated through the roof at the end of it all. It's as if my head just cannot follow the logic of the process.

But then yesterday I got hit hard again due to covid. I was in the heat of battle fighting a massive head ache and raging fever and all of a sudden my head felt like it did when I was still badly concussed.

People need to take concussion more seriously. The effects of a blow to the head are pretty much lifelong, at least in my experience.

I raced bmx in my late teens and suffered two concussions 2 weeks in a row.

My memory has never been the same.

I also never raced bmx after the second crash.

Edit: I'm glad he's following good medical advice but bleak that we won't get to watch Finn pin it this weekend.

Edited by Trashy