Garmin and new generation Samsung phones Bluetooth connection

Dexter-morgan

Good day Fellow hubbers, I just want to know if anyone else experience the same problem with Garmin watches and Samsung phones, the Watch and phones pairs as normal but when the watch and phone goes out of Bluetooth range you need to enter the pairing pin again, this only started when I changed from an old S10 to a A32 - Please help if there is, Garmin knows about the problem and they claim its a Samsung issue, have anyone found a work around.

Maybe its the A series phones, Drives me crazy, I have had a Vivoactive 3 music did it with my new phone and now a VIVOACTIVE 4

Edited by Dexter-morgan

I've had that problem for a long time with an S8 and an A31 ...

Given up fighting with them, it's quite erratic in my case, sometimes goes for days with no problem then starts again. At times it can happen 5 6 7 times in a row.

Highly irritating to say the least, I have a Vivoactive3

I feel your pain mate!

I have 3 different devices and a Note 20. I'd say that for the past month or so, something won't pair every few days - usually the Edge 530, but have had it with a watch. I usually re-start the phone, and all works again without having to re-pair in Garmin Connect. I'm not sure if it all started just after an Android update, as can't re-call exactly when I noticed it happening regularly. 

Edited by Cheabb78

No issues with the S10, nor the A5 .... touch wood !!

EDIT ... did have ONE issue a while back.  Day 402 of consecutively reaching my step goal .... had to go for a late night walk to get my seps, watch ticked over and showed all done, removed the watch and put it on charge .... Next day I saw it did not upload to the phone and thus not on the Garmin tally ...  Doubt this was a BT issue though, think it relates to the phone not syncing when on charge.

Edited by ChrisF

Nothing so far with an A52 I've had for a month and Garmin 935 watch and edge 830 head unit. 

No issues with my Garmin 235 & 530 with an A52, however my wife's Garmin 25 sometimes has issues with her A32 

To be honest, I don't think the phone is the problem (Samsung S9 on my side).

I read somewhere that other users have been experiencing the same problem, I also have a Vivoactive 4 and have to almost on a daily basis re-pair my phone.  Drives me nuts!

OK, I think I have figured out the problem myself, you have to add the watch as a trusted device.

Go to Settings, "lock screen" - "smart lock", then add it as a trusted device, so far it has worked, I have been out of my office a few times and reconnected without needing to enter the PIN.

I've had something similar with my 945 and S21. I've just learnt to live with it. Sometimes I restart the phone, other times I restart the watch, with varying levels of success. 

Haven't noticed any issues with my S21 FE and Venu SQ, running ONE UI 4 on Android 12, and I've been out of range a couple of times and seems to reconnect fine.

@OP which Android/One UI are you running?

On 2/3/2022 at 9:54 AM, Dexter-morgan said:

Maybe its the A series phones, Drives me crazy, I have had a Vivoactive 3 music did it with my new phone and now a VIVOACTIVE 4

Edited by Dexter-morgan