The PRO Gravel Thread

'Dale

17 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Awesome news:

Matt Beers learned a lot of lessons racing the Life Time Grand Prix in 2023, so he naturally signed up for more of the same this year.

Only now he’ll have more support to back him.

Beers, the South African gravel national champion, has signed on with Specialized Off-Road, where he’ll join Sofia Gomez Villafañe and Howard Grotts to race a calendar of mixed MTB and gravel. (Russell Finsterwald is departing the team.)

The team will lend him support at races in both the US and South Africa, including the Life Time Grand Prix Series and the Cape Epic, where is a two-time champion.

Sauce: Velo

Pic: Alex Roszcko

spacer.png

well deserved. Let's hope he gets the results coming his way too.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

On 1/28/2024 at 9:26 PM, 'Dale said:

Some inspiration to throw your leg over the saddle and behind the scenes intensity (check out both part 1 and 2)

I see Hayley Preen is part of Lifetime Grand Prix 2024 list, but surprised to not see Vera Looser given her 3rd place last year and Konny racing (maybe she didn't enter or not interested).

Very cool series, thanks for sharing. Though I would say some of the riders could be a bit more down to earth, but just my take.

Edited by Roul
Layout

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The leg strength and hip flex support by Matt. Great to see him in mix as his racing in the USA resumes.

IMG_6623.jpeg

More on topic ...

Tiff is 'running' around the promenade and nobody bats an eyelid!

I'll go keep her company 😊