Ongoing Attacks - Possible Solution

NW2

Hi everyone. My name is Noel Pratten, from Silver Wolf PI.

We are professional private investigators. We have been keeping an eye on the whole situation with the attacks on cyclists, the thefts of bicycles and the cycle hijackings in the Boland and Helderberg areas for some time, as we have developed a plan that we believe will work as far as stopping or reducing these incidents concerned. If everyone or a number of people on this group is/are willing to contribute to fees and expenses we will be able to carry out the plan. Give me a call on 0847625913 if you would like to look at the possibility as a group. We are also always happy to act for individual clients to. 

https://www.facebook.com/vetusscholagroup/photos/a.245488465617141/2233321393500495/?type=3

Edited by NW2
Posted link to the post

1 hour ago, NW2 said:

We are professional private investigators. We have been keeping an eye on the whole situation with the attacks on cyclists, the thefts of bicycles and the cycle hijackings in the Boland and Helderberg areas for some time, as we have developed a plan that we believe will work as far as stopping or reducing these incidents concerned. If everyone or a number of people on this group is/are willing to contribute to fees and expenses we will be able to carry out the plan. Give me a call on 0847625913 if you would like to look at the possibility as a group. We are also always happy to act for individual clients to. 

I dont cycle there but think this is a great initiative. Ride comfortably and freely for a few rands def a good plan. Bump. 

Gather info from this platform. Adverts in local papers and Bike Stores, then hold a public meeting (with the support of your local Councillor (Municipal) to propose your concept. 

However, often these initiatives are well founded but support can be lacking. Very often organising group rides of sufficient cyclists is difficult - to generate sufficient funds to "hire" armed support.

Good luck with your initiative. 

Local security company apprehended 5 suspects this morning in Firgrove - Somerset West - after a bike hijack incident 

the suspects had

pistol, machete, scissors, two big knives and a hockey stick

there had previously been a couple of bike hijacking’s by a single person with a machete in our area

I’m trying to get case numbers together from victims in the Durbanville/Bellville area to take this problem higher up in the political/law enforcement ranks. It’s difficult getting people to cooperate. The problem is victims don’t report the incidents to the police. 

10 hours ago, Titleist said:

I’m trying to get case numbers together from victims in the Durbanville/Bellville area to take this problem higher up in the political/law enforcement ranks. It’s difficult getting people to cooperate. The problem is victims don’t report the incidents to the police. 

If you look at who’s in charge of the powlice you realize it’s not a functioning body.

Unfortunately we pay our bleeding hard earned cash to taxes to many useless + corrupt state owned/controlled entities that is none functioning now for a loooong time. The majority in the “force” should not even be there in the first place and they are not properly trained and no tools (let’s not open that can of worms, we already know what’s in there) and they are just on power trips. Private security and investigations are the only options available currently so that they can get that information to get to work so that these gutless opportunistic low life maggots get caught and put behind bars for a very long time with proper evidence.  

20 hours ago, NW2 said:

Happy to contribute within a broader group - also think a lot of other cyclists will be. 

Some thoughts:

- Some of the funding can be self funded. You ask for a donation for every bike that you recover. 
- Create a Helderberg/Boland group where cyclists can upload bike related crime so that it gets more community involvement. Here you can also upload the work you do to recover bikes or prevent thefts - otherwise a donation will likey only be a once off thing. 

2 hours ago, nathrix said:

If you look at who’s in charge of the powlice you realize it’s not a functioning body.

Unfortunately we pay our bleeding hard earned cash to taxes to many useless + corrupt state owned/controlled entities that is none functioning now for a loooong time. The majority in the “force” should not even be there in the first place and they are not properly trained and no tools (let’s not open that can of worms, we already know what’s in there) and they are just on power trips. Private security and investigations are the only options available currently so that they can get that information to get to work so that these gutless opportunistic low life maggots get caught and put behind bars for a very long time with proper evidence.  

True, but whether or not my plan will work is my problem. I only need cooperation and case numbers. If getting case numbers is so difficult, I don’t have much hope for donations…..

3 hours ago, Titleist said:

True, but whether or not my plan will work is my problem. I only need cooperation and case numbers. If getting case numbers is so difficult, I don’t have much hope for donations…..

Get onto the local CPF or contact someone who is and try and access information that way.

The CPF meetings can also itemise bike thefts in their area and create more involvement from the police. They should be more focussed on these attacks coz it involves - premeditated murder (if a knife/ machete/ pistol is used) also grievous bodily harm as well as theft / theft with a dangerous weapon and if the cyclist is bundled in the boot - kidnapping.

There is a way to get the attention via a CPF (Community Police Forum) but this also depends on the willingness of that local SAPS and the make-up of the CPF members (often stacked with the ruling party) where they don't highlight problem areas due to their political affiliations (we had these problems in Pinetown CPF). Anyway...good luck with your endeavors

The other main problem with any crime fighting initiative is that the more successful it becomes and the less crime that is seen, the more people stop contributing - coz the crime has seemingly stopped!

Its all about how to keep a successful operation going after everyone has lost interest because of its success.