2022 SA Road & TT Champs

Justin2

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so with all the doosh pumped into this years edition, I look forward to following the covering some how...

or am I getting my hopes up?

Is anyone driving through from JHB today and could do a huge favor and bring a small parcel from Globeflight distribution center? 

2 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

Is anyone driving through from JHB today and could do a huge favor and bring a small parcel from Globeflight distribution center? 

I know David is still training at Redstar raceway today and shouldbe on his way tonight or maybe tomorrow ? Also the JD Eliott boys are travelling to joburg, they probably already landed

Looks like the Junior lady winner could easily have taken on the Elites.

Caitlin THOMPSON    00:22:49    Junior Women    1    Female    1    39.4 km/h

Carla OBERHOLZER    00:30:49    Elite Women    1    Female    1    38.9 km/h

7 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Surely a different distance though?

34 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Maybe, but my 20min and 30min power numbers are two very different values in a TT. I'm guessing that would be the case here too and Junior would tire or pace her effort differently on the longer course. 

EDIT:

Ok my 20min vs 40min is about 10W diffs but then when it gets to over an hour its about 45W lower haha... so yeah those AVG speeds are really close to each other and she would have had to endure that for 30% longer. Would be close!

Great effort. 

Edited by WaldoZ

Two different events, and distances, so although the averages are a little close, it’s no point trying to compare.

The 20Km had a little more rollers at the start.

3D028C13-BB23-4E9D-9FDA-3D6346438117.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Two different events, and distances, so although the averages are a little close, it’s no point trying to compare.

The 20Km had a little more rollers at the start.

3D028C13-BB23-4E9D-9FDA-3D6346438117.jpeg

I was actually just coming to post the same thing as I compared Strava times. That first 5km they only avg about 31/32kph which would have decreased the Avg speed a lot. It would have also contributed to much more fatigue.

My max speed on the downhill with around 10 to go. That was without trying on a practice ride.

unfortunately open roads meant that a lot of the guys had to either wait behind cars or do dodgy passes.8644A234-3DF4-4141-97D4-7262D7B5DBC6.jpeg.a4d880b56130c8d50a18669d246df704.jpeg

IMHO the course should've been run in reverse. Who designs these courses and determines the distances. Eg last year my age group tt was 30km, this year 20km...