[Event] Boland Gravel Monster

Events Bot

3 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I had no choice, crank wasn't even turning once it all dried 🤣

Mine was like that. The first time I had to force it and then it started spinning smoothly. It seems to be okay now. That initial turn still feels slightly stiff but after the first revolution, it seems to spin freely.

Just out of interest, which bearings did you need to replace?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Mine was like that. The first time I had to force it and then it started spinning smoothly. It seems to be okay now. That initial turn still feels slightly stiff but after the first revolution, it seems to spin freely.

Just out of interest, which bearings did you need to replace?

Jockey wheels, front/rear wheel/freehub bearings, headset bearings, BB was surprisingly still good.

And brake pads

Looks like a slight improvement on the forecast. No rain on race day but some rain on the Friday and Saturday leading up to it. Fingers crossed its minimal.

IMG_4920.png

Late Entries update. Weather is looking more favorable for Sunday but previous day's rains might still contribute towards some challenges along the route. 

Screenshot_20230914_091926_Facebook.jpg

Does anyone have info on the 4 Water points? Where are they located and at what point in the race? Will there be food etc or just water?

I’ve emailed the organizers and no response. Stuff like this really annoys me as we are 2 days out and you’d think the organizers would realize that we would need to plan how to fuel properly. 

2 hours ago, Mavriq said:

Late Entries update. Weather is looking more favorable for Sunday but previous day's rains might still contribute towards some challenges along the route. 

Screenshot_20230914_091926_Facebook.jpg

Sunny weather??

It was literally pouring this morning so I do not trust these forecasts at all. I’m planning for a wet and muddy race. 

7 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Does anyone have info on the 4 Water points? Where are they located and at what point in the race? Will there be food etc or just water?

I’ve emailed the organizers and no response. Stuff like this really annoys me as we are 2 days out and you’d think the organizers would realize that we would need to plan how to fuel properly. 

From last time, waterpoints were at:
42k, 74k, 102k, 125k

image.png.4055f28c7995acd6db787f58ec43cacf.png

2 minutes ago, babse said:

"inundated with late entry requests"

hahaha im sure

yeah, not enough that they still had time to program an email.

If I hadn't spent R1k when I entered before the cutoff I would definitely not enter now 🤣 Next time I'll wait till they get inudated again to do a late entry 😅

2 hours ago, babse said:

"inundated with late entry requests"

hahaha im sure

don't be like that - they probably had at least 3 phone calls...

18 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

The vehicle transfer cost of R400 for the 100km route was a bit of a downer or is that the going rate?

I made the payment for the vehicle transfer to the Wellington Lions Club, so I assume it will go towards a worthy cause. I have no idea what the going rate for these kinds of things is. I'm just happy the service is available. If I weren't fat and lazy and did the full route, a vehicle transfer would not have been necessary...