Csixx Foamo - thoughts?

Cycle Fan

I ran them when they 1st came out. 

I found the front wheel sucked with an insert so just ran one in the rear.

I found that running my tires harder and shredding the gnar with fractions less grip offered much better anti ding protection.

The proper thing - cushcore or vittoria air pro - is a different ball game for the rear wheel.

I don't run one of these anymore either. I no longer shred gnar particularly hard or fast so normal tire pressure and old man decisions have left me dingless for a couple of years.

If you're getting a tire insert, get a cushcore or vittoria air pro, the price difference is worth it

I have a foamo in my rear wheel. Worth it if you absolutely have to have protection for your rim but a proper cushcore or vittoria air liner would do better. My brother in law changed tyres and removed his foamo and in his attempt to bunnyhop onto a curb destroyed his rear tyre. I dont know what would have happened if the foamo was present but I assume it would have helped.

Are you in Cape Town, let me scratch out mine... I hated it... and it definitely sucked up my sealant... and if it doesn't fit your tyre it moves around and you hear and feel it! 

I have all versions the double thick and non thick i think for both 2.2-2.4 and 2.4-2.6

I'll double check, you can have them all... 

As said above look at the cushcore or airliner

7 minutes ago, Meezo said:

Are you in Cape Town, let me scratch out mine... I hated it... and it definitely sucked up my sealant... and if it doesn't fit your tyre it moves around and you hear and feel it! 

I have all versions the double thick and non thick i think for both 2.2-2.4 and 2.4-2.6

Thanks for the offer it’s much appreciated but I think I’ll just give them a skip. Not really riding anything too hectic but am getting some new wheels so thought the protection would be wise. 

I’ll just take the “old man” line and save myself and my rims some grief 🤣

The harder  pressure advice is also something to seriously consider , I always run much higher pressure than "should" have but never dinged A rim , had two bad cuts but never any rim damage 

Just now, Cycle Fan said:

Thanks for the offer it’s much appreciated but I think I’ll just give them a skip. Not really riding anything too hectic but am getting some new wheels so thought the protection would be wise. 

I’ll just take the “old man” line and save myself and my rims some grief 🤣

That was the other thing when i did bash a rock and needed to plug the tyre, i could plug as the tyre had deformed to sealant foamo tyre sticking combo...

Meant i had to put the foamo around my bars to get home, and the good ol tube got me home...

Had them in when I ran light weight schwalbe's but changed to Maxxis with stronger sidewalls. Allowed me to run lower pressure without ever damaging my rims. 

Have only once hit the rim but a xc HT is not meant for double black rock garden 😂

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I no longer shred gnar particularly hard or fast so normal tire pressure and old man decisions have left me dingless for a couple of years.

those kind decisions also help with the frequency of dingleberries.

{dings + dingleberrie} ≤ {old age * decisions}

...or something like that lol

12 hours ago, Meezo said:

Meezo, I know Bos is looking to give them a try without committing to buy - if you are going to get rid of them, drop him a message, I'm sure he would appreciate it.

I've been riding the FOMO in my rear. True, it is a sealant sucker of note, and I'm not sure how effective it is, but my rear rim is too precious (I chose to use this word yes) to risk a crack. And I have previously had to walk to my car from Jonkershoek saaltjie after a cracked rear rim on Iron Monkey 8 and would prefer not to repeat that.

I have removed the foamo from my dual sus. Also I had no choice as they were too narrow for my tyres and were just spinning inside. Anyway 2 years later, strong tyre sidewalls and all is good.

I do have one on my rear wheel on the hardtail. Saved me one morning on a commute and I able to pedal to a petrol station, but slowly.

I doubt I would invest in anything similar again as running the correct pressure for the terrain is sufficient. Too soft and your rims are toast.

2 hours ago, nox1111 said:

Meezo, I know Bos is looking to give them a try without committing to buy - if you are going to get rid of them, drop him a message, I'm sure he would appreciate it.

Awe!

As soon as i find them I'll ping you

On 3/4/2022 at 8:44 AM, nox1111 said:

Found it... Can fetch and they yours

1646816011447705341014714420667.jpg