Absa Cape Epic 2022

JohanDiv

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, mrcg said:

Lars came into Epic sick/not fully recovered. Unfortunately he never was fully there or recovered. Obviously the intensity of racing, especially the punctures and chasing didn't help their cause either.....

Watching Nino, he would rip the legs off the average man. If not fully fit i would actually rather not ride because he is the sum of all fears

On 3/23/2022 at 10:13 AM, openmind said:

Not sure what you mean. I paid full retail for the tyres and they work well. Happy customer. All I meant to say with my post was that the Aspens are not a bad choice for the Epic. Nino either just had really bad luck or he has some custom version of the tyre that is less durable than the stock version, which obviously then was a bad choice. 

And another puncture, just now. Am beginning to think you just lucky...🤣

Man I enjoyed that. 

Great story - some youngsters talk smack at the start and win through sheer watts and will power with only a Dad as support team.

I wanted Matt to win again but a SCR victory is aaaaalmost as good.

Most exciting Epic in a while! The coverage was spectacular. 

Just now, Eldron said:

Man I enjoyed that. 

Great story - some youngsters talk smack at the start and win through sheer watts and will power with only a Dad as support team.

I wanted Matt to win again but a SCR victory is aaaaalmost as good.

Most exciting Epic in a while! The coverage was spectacular. 

Agree with all of that. 

Having finished at Val de Vie 5 months ago, fomo has been next level but following the live feed this time has been so good! 

👌

2 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

Bold statement about his recovery from the stomach issue there and what the overall effect is. 

well he's not throwing up so more recovered doesn't mean back to full strength. Couple that to a healthy team mate who's trying to ride at a race worthy pace and Matt is trying to keep up while nursing his health so not sure whats bold. Its obvious he's not fully recovered, he looks pale and his eyes deeper than usual.

looking at intensity of their rides and calories consumed Matt is riding harder and burning more.

You obviously know  more. 

Just now, DieselnDust said:

well he's not throwing up so more recovered doesn't mean back to full strength. Couple that to a healthy team mate who's trying to ride at a race worthy pace and Matt is trying to keep up while nursing his health so not sure whats bold. Its obvious he's not fully recovered, he looks pale and his eyes deeper than usual.

looking at intensity of their rides and calories consumed Matt is riding harder and burning more.

Matt's vocal, so he'll share what went on. Just good to see him on the podium after that killer stage...

Just now, OVERDRIVE said:

Matt's vocal, so he'll share what went on. Just good to see him on the podium after that killer stage...

agree,he'll share it eventually and its plain to see he's not himself.

It seems there was a lot more riders coming down with the dreaded Epic Stomach bug this year. I was at the race village yesterday and it was all the riders were talking about.

poor immunity due to lockdown?

more aggressive stomach bug doing the rounds? 

water?

dinner tent?

I really hope Robyn gives Pauline some teammate skills for next year. The idea is to kill the competition, not your teammate. 

And Mathias Flueckiger needs to partner Nino next year, Scott or not. 

2 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

agree,he'll share it eventually and its plain to see he's not himself.

It seems there was a lot more riders coming down with the dreaded Epic Stomach bug this year. I was at the race village yesterday and it was all the riders were talking about.

poor immunity due to lockdown?

more aggressive stomach bug doing the rounds? 

water?

dinner tent?

I have a very weak stomach. I cant do new foods, so if I went id have to go with someone who knows my diet, or its a 120k waste. I read about that last year too, where people get this stomach bug. Cant find that comment but apparently whatever it is sticks to your bottle so when you use it to drnk its curtains...

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

Blevins 68kg
Beers 79kg 
There is no doubt expenditure is more for Matt but its calories expended not consumed. 

Strava analysis or actual data and factual feedback? 
Blevins is not ripping his legs off as you have said, this isnt a mid pack team at Sani of office workers, he is actually an incredible partner, its basically the opposite. 

3 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Blevins 68kg
Beers 79kg 
There is no doubt expenditure is more for Matt but its calories expended not consumed. 

Strava analysis or actual data and factual feedback? 
Blevins is not ripping his legs off as you have said, this isnt a mid pack team at Sani of office workers, he is actually an incredible partner, its basically the opposite. 

Looking foward to Matts interview, should be up next