If Even Nino Schurter uses a Garmin Edge 130…

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Andreas_187 said:

The 130 plus screen actually has a better, sharper resolution so it is clearer even though it is smaller than my previous 520

Absolutely...it is the most legible out of all the Garmin units..

2583EFF6-E158-4CC4-92C6-4E551017288E.jpg

Edited by guidodg

I love my 830 .... #justsaying

I have a data screen that shows me a pretty colour graph of  power zones a la zwift that I like to stare at ....

So much so that I nearly pulled a Bernal yesterday.

I also like the navigation when riding solo in unknown spots or riding to another town off road.

But Nino is cool.

The only reason why I don’t own an Edge 130 is because of it’s battery life. On events like the TB and 361 you need something that lasts longer. It’s perfect though for everyday riding.

11 hours ago, Mamil said:

I love my 830 .... #justsaying

I have a data screen that shows me a pretty colour graph of  power zones a la zwift that I like to stare at ....

So much so that I nearly pulled a Bernal yesterday.

I also like the navigation when riding solo in unknown spots or riding to another town off road.

But Nino is cool.

Nooit bro that’s so overkill. Nothing beats a sextant and start chart

Edited by DieselnDust

33 minutes ago, Titleist said:

The only reason why I don’t own an Edge 130 is because of it’s battery life. On events like the TB and 361 you need something that lasts longer. It’s perfect though for everyday riding.

Do you use a bigger Garmin? If so do you use the battery pack? If so how do you attach it to the bars? I'm guessing with the supplied Garmin out front mount which doesn't fit my MTB bars. Is there another way?

1 hour ago, Titleist said:

Would also like to know what you use, and how long the battery lasts.

5 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Would also like to know what you use, and how long the battery lasts.

the couple of times I've started a ride where I realised I had not charged my 130 I simply strapped a smartphone battery pack to the bike with some tape and ran the usb to the 130.

3 hours ago, Titleist said:

Yeah, gotta say it falls flat there. I did a half 361 in a long time, and my 520 just lasted. I haven’t stretched the 130 yet, but I know I am charging it way more often than the 520. 

4 hours ago, Mamil said:

Do you use a bigger Garmin? If so do you use the battery pack? If so how do you attach it to the bars? I'm guessing with the supplied Garmin out front mount which doesn't fit my MTB bars. Is there another way?

I have done 14hours with an Edge 530 and battery still showing 60% left. That’s with battery saver and map switched off. Garmin claims 20hours.

switched from a 520 to the 130, easier to read screen and all the functionality I need. Has basic navigation as well

1 hour ago, Titleist said:

I have done 14hours with an Edge 530 and battery still showing 60% left. That’s with battery saver and map switched off. Garmin claims 20hours.

My 520 lasts 4 to 5 hours ....  then again, I have not checked the settings ....

39 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

My 520 lasts 4 to 5 hours ....  then again, I have not checked the settings ....

I get slightly more 6 hrs with Stages and HR.

Im ready to bin it and 130+ seems like a great choice especially coz its Nino approved 😏

3 hours ago, Titleist said:

I've done about 12 to15 hours on my 530 and loving it. Particularly the battery life.