[Event] Velddrif 222 Velddrif

SuzieK

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, City Cycling Athletic Club said:

if any rider outside Group 5 (cat 1) can klap this distance at 40kph , then they will deserve line honours

Can I bring my tt bike 

“Front and back lights are recommended for the first 2 seeded batches” - goodness this is like a Baviaans 🙈 might bring the MTB 👌

1 hour ago, City Cycling Athletic Club said:

if any rider outside Group 5 (cat 1) can klap this distance at 40kph , then they will deserve line honours

@WaldoZI'll hold your beer go for it.

11 hours ago, City Cycling Athletic Club said:

and their PPA seeding qualified them for a 'wp category' were added to the categories. but we have tried to err on the side of caution and seeded them into the 'slower group'.

Very cautious indeed!
My 2h40 CTCT and 2.0 PPA seeding apparently doesn't qualify me for any category at all and since I skipped Winter League I'm probably only good for Open? 😆

Sending email now to rectify.
Seeding systems never fail to deliver more than their fair share of comedy.
🤪

So group 5 will start at 9am? Is that right? I'm in group 2 at 7.30. to beat an 8 hour mamil to the line you, the proper cyclists need to average about 35.

Which, being proper, they will easily do. If I manage 7.30 then group 5 will need 37kmph.

3 minutes ago, Mamil said:

So group 5 will start at 9am? Is that right? I'm in group 2 at 7.30. to beat an 8 hour mamil to the line you, the proper cyclists need to average about 35.

Which, being proper, they will easily do. If I manage 7.30 then group 5 will need 37kmph.

@bleedToWinand Louis and myself is seeded with you… that’s the problem. That’s a 90min “breakaway”

4 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

@bleedToWinand Louis and myself is seeded with you… that’s the problem. That’s a 90min “breakaway”

There is no way cat 1 riders that were "seeded" in group 2 will be caught, but let's assume sanity prevails and they move us to group 5, if group 4 has a modicum of cooperation then that 30min gap  on this flat route will be insurmountable.

12 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

3 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

There is no way cat 1 riders that were "seeded" in group 2 will be caught, but let's assume sanity prevails and they move us to group 5, if group 4 has a modicum of cooperation then that 30min gap  on this flat route will be insurmountable.

I'm sure they'll put you in the last group. Must do.

Trying to work out .... I've been practicing a victory celebration at the end of every training ride for the last decade and  I'm just wondering what I need to average if I'm going to get to use it on Sunday and wondering if it's worth applying for an upgrade to a 2 hour headstart.

14 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

I must admit I was scared for being seeded in Group 5… I’ll take group 4… even group 2!! BUT I wouldn’t be happy if I was group 5 and a Cat 1(ish) rider is 90min ahead… never mind 3 of them!

3 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I am starting at 7:00.

Hackers Assemble!

I have no qualms with my seeding as I am 100% rubbish. See you guys out on the road when you come whizzing past

ooh, you and me both!  I am also starting in the fun group.

5 minutes ago, Denis Dell said:

ooh, you and me both!  I am also starting in the fun group.

After your comprehensive wind/route/profile edit I'm expecting you pull us at 35km/h until at least half way